Can't send iMessages or use WiFi on iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fsas06, Sep 30, 2014.

1. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

I went to pick my cousin up from school and while i was at the school all networking stopped working. I cant send or receive messages, my wifi doesn't work even tho it says I'm connected. I've reset my connection settings and I updated from 8.0 to 8.0.2 and still nothing.

#1 fsas06, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I know this is a shot in the dark, but any chance you see a little white airplane on the upper left-hand corner of the screen?

3. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

no, i had to do a restore from yesterday....things seem to be working now. i have no idea what happened when i walked into that school because my phone was getting signals and as soon as i walked in facebook wouldn't load, imessages couldnt log into my apple id and my phone said i was connected to wifi but nothing would load

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Perhaps the connection that you had outside of the school stopped when you went into the school. That happens a lot on my college campus.

5. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

well i left the school and was at home and i still couldn't get any signal

6. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I had that happen with my iPhone 6+ couple of times now. Lost connectivity and what I ended up having to do was turn on airplane mode and turn it back off and then Wi-Fi will work for a while. Eventually it would slow way down and stop again and I have to switch to Airplane mode again. I will try a restore this weekend and see if that fixes it.

7. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

One bug that I've noticed on every iPhone that I've ever had was -when email is syncing (many times) nothing else that requires data will work. If I happen to lose signal during this bug (such as in poor reception area) my data will not work at all until a reboot.

8. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

thats weird, iv had my 6+ since iDay and this was the first time its happened, hopefully the last

9. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I use the speed test tool and you can tell when the connection is shutting down because you get responses like this from yesterday morning. On LTE good speed but on wifi terrible. Airplane mode for a second or two and then great speeds again: ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412256273.039284.jpg

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You're the only one I've seen using
    kB/s rather than Mbps. Most use
    Mbps. Is there a reason you use kB/s? Just curious.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

11. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

No particular reason. Personal preference only mainly because I am old as heck and have used kB/s as a measurement ever since my 2400 baud modem days and saving programs on paper tape held together with rubber bands.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I remember when my brother had a 300 baud modem. That was scary.

13. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

My very first computer was a Timex Sinclair 2000. Ran a cheap version of basic and when you turned it off your program was gone. Then years later in the Army in Germany I got an Apple IIC when they came out new. That was so modern and fast. External floppy drive. Had its own monitor. Spent months playing Bards Tale with gorgeous 4 color graphics. Then years later I took the leep to PC and got a 4.7 megahertz XT computer for $1800 that had a turbo button. That baby would speed up to a whopping 10 Megahertz when pushed. I was then envy of all and then with my 10MB Hd (another $1,400), I knew I had a computer to last me my whole life. Ha ha, was I ever wrong.

14. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

My first was 1200 baud. That was a lifetime ago.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I had the Timex Sinclair 2068.

2068brochure.jpg

16. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold