Can't send or receive calls

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Started after 2.2 JB. I can send/receive emails and text messages just fine. However when I try to call out or receive a call my signal drops to 1 bar and the 3G/Edge symbol disappear. As soon as the call is answered/received the call disconnects. I've tried resetting the network settings- no luck. Strangely enough I can check voice mails with no problem. Any ideas?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Did you use pwnagetools or quickpwn? A lot of people have been having issues with the former.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't know then. Sorry. Someone else?

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Thanks for the input Dave.

Well got home from work and tried a fresh restore. No luck. Went by the Apple Store this evening and met with a Genius. They were nice enough to squeeze me in right before closing. They seemed perplexed that the phone could send/receive texts and access internet but not call. They replaced the phone without hesitation.

I'm not sure if this was JB related in any way as I made a few calls on Sunday after completing the fw upgrade and re-JBing. Just a case of faulty hardware?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you successfuly made calls on it after the jailbreak, and a restore solved nothing, I would guess that yes... it was just a weird hardware coincidence. Glad you got it sorted.