Can't send picture messages to Android peeps

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by connie, Mar 27, 2016.

1. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

Hi all!! Since updating my 6s a couple of days ago I can't seem to send pictures to non-imessage phones. Is this a bug with the new iOS or do you think it's my phone?? I've tried a reset a few times, updating cellular and network settings. Closing all apps and keeping the phone turned off awhile. Nothing works!! Any ideas?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Check your Settings app under Messages. Is MSM messaging still turned on? That's the only thing I can think of, I'm pretty sure it's not a bug with the new iOS.

Have you tested it with more than one friend with an Android device?

3. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

Yes I have tried with 4 android people and several iphone people, none of the pics to Androids go through. I have turned msm off and on several times.

4. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Turn iMessages off and back on again - restart phone and try again. Sometimes they just need to reactivate. If that doesn't work I would call your carrier.

5. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

Thank you, it's not working but I'm thinking maybe it's my WiFi at home. I tried from my brothers house yesterday and I was able to send. Thanks for your suggestions though, I appreciate it.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

WiFi would not be selective that way. It may be your cellular signal though. Your carrier handles SMS and MMS. Next time you might try Reset Network Settings.
    Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I can't believe I didn't think to suggest that. :)