Can't send text to one number, but can receive them

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by anubis89, Dec 30, 2011.

1. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Hey guys, so for some reason I'm not long able to send texts to one of my friends. The message acts like it was sent but they don't receive any. They can however see pictures I've sent and I can receive any texts that they send. This just recently started happening (yesterday morning) so I don't know what's causing it. It's weird because they can send/receive texts from other people and I can send/receive texts from other people as well. Doesn't make much sense! We have both turned off/on our phones and my friend has even reset theirs (it's not an iPhone however). Should I restore mine too or does it seem like some other problem? Thanks for any help!
  2. ~DS~

~DS~ Member

Can you please tell, what carrier are you on, which generation of iPhone, what firmware it is on? The more informations, the better we can help.

And welcome to the site. :)
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Sorry! It's an iPhone 4, iOS5.0.1, and Verizon. My friend is using a LG Rumor Touch on Sprint
  5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Have you tried sending him a text by entering in his number. Or sending a group text and see if that works.
  6. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Ok so sending it as a group text worked. What does that mean lol?
  7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

means send a group text with just his number but twice.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Haha thats frustrating. Can you think of any reason why normal texts would stop going through (to him at least)? And is there any other solution that you can think of?
  9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Did that ^^^^^^ work?
  10. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Yeah, that worked
  11. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

I don't know why it is doing it. Start a text message convo with him with his number entered twice and just leave it. See if the problem resolves itself. At least you (well I) found a way for you to get him texts.
  12. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Yeah thanks for that! It's been hella annoying taking screenshots of my text and then sending it to him lol. That and emails....brings me back! Haha. Thanks again and hopefully it will fix itself eventually
  13. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

I occasionally get one right. Well at least better in this case.
    Has to be a server error somehow. Have you tried adding his number to a new contact?
  14. ~DS~

~DS~ Member

Looks like carrier related issue...Sprint, oh the horror...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  15. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

Yeah, I've deleted and added it a few times. Doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: Haha, yeah I'll tell him to call Spring if it keeps it up
  16. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Well let's wait to see what happens at the end of winter first.
  17. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

I can live with this for now lol. Thanks again
  18. ~DS~

~DS~ Member

Try texting to your friends that uses AT&T or Verizon. You will soon see that it's Sprint to blame. I have my share of these horror myself. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  19. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

The op said that he could text everyone but one person. Odds are someone else he is texting is on sprint.
  20. anubis89

anubis89 New Member

I'm not sure who all is on what provider, but I'll try and track down another Sprint user to see if it is actually Sprint or just something weird between our phones.
  21. greenkitty

greenkitty New Member

Hiya, This same problem has happened to my boyfriends phone both have ipohne 4 verizon he can send and recieve from everyone else and i can send and recieve everyone elses but when i send to him i can not recieve and he can recieve the texts but it wont reply right like it shows it send and says delievered but i never get it.