Cant sign into iMessage or FaceTime (only on MBP)

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Bunk009, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

Aloha All,

Going crazy over here. Recently changed my icloud password and resigned into everything on my phone, iPad, iMac. When I went to adjust things on my MacBook Pro, however, I can't get into FaceTime or imessage?!?

Anyone know why this might be? Thanks in advance. Wth FaceTime it has my email already filled in and when I put in the new Pw, it goes black and nothing happens. Then I cancel and it says something is trying to get access to my keychain, allow deny etc. iMessage tells me it can't sign in and to check my network connection (which is fine)

Stumped

I've logged in and out of icloud, restarted etc. All to no avail.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go to the Settings app on your MBP and sign out of iCloud. Then sign out of iCloud in iMessages, iPhoto (Preferences > iCloud), and FaceTime on your MBP. Now open the Contacts app and make sure it is not logged into your iCloud account. Once you have logged out everywhere, sign back in through the Settings app.

3. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

@Europa - they broke the mold when they made you. Thanks!!!

4. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

@Europa remember this issue? I changed my icloud pw today and now I can't activate FaceTime or imessage on my phone or laptop??? It's synced on iMac and iPad but phone can't connect or activate either service. Any thoughts?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Reset your iCloud Keychain.