Cant someone make an MMS app for the app store?

coolguy8621

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
Why hasn't anyone made an MMS app yet? If its as easy as they say it is Im surprised no one has yet. Is it even possible or would Apple just refuse it?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The million dollar question we have been asking for a year.
Actually if you are jailbroken, there is the swirly MMS app but it never worked for me.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Somebody has tried but it hasn't worked for everyone. I have no idea why Apple won't do this on iPhone. It's my hope for the iPhone(besides video and cut & paste) to get this.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
If you want to send and MMS to someone just "email" photo to the following addresses:

ATT Customers
Phone#@mms.att.net

Verizon Customers
Phone#@vzwpix.com

Sprint Customers
Phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Example for ATT:
6305555555@mms.att.net

You take a photo, then click email photo, type in address. Bada Bing.

Work easy for my for ATT, haven't tried it for Verizon or Sprint in a while.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

coolguy8621

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
someone has tried an app that is legal on the non jailborken iPhone? It seems like it should be so easy to make it for the app store

coolguy8621

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
If you want to send and MMS to someone just "email" photo to the following addresses:

ATT Customers
Phone#@mms.att.net

Verizon Customers
Phone#@vzwpix.com

Sprint Customers
Phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Example for ATT:
6305555555@mms.att.net

You take a photo, then click email photo, type in address. Bada Bing.

Work easy for my for ATT, haven't tried it for Verizon or Sprint in a while.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong.
what about getting them from a non iPhone to an iPhone?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I have never tried it. I am going to have a co worker try then sending it to my#@att.net.

I would be surprised if it works.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
My family (who all have Verizon) has to email the pictures to me on my gmail account on the iPhone. There is a way they can add your email to your contact info and send it to you that way.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
If someone sends a picture MMS to your actual phone number you will be referred to viewmymessage.com in order to look at it. And since there is not cut and paste on iPhone it's a real pain.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have never tried it. I am going to have a co worker try then sending it to my#@att.net.

I would be surprised if it works.
Won't work, will refer you to viewmymessage.com. See^post.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
This is what i'm deepy disappointed about and the reason why many people laugh at me when 'im trying to say how good this is and they ask if it has MMS. Why can't someone just make it, I don't mind paying for it but it's a necessity.

coolguy8621

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
This is what i'm deepy disappointed about and the reason why many people laugh at me when 'im trying to say how good this is and they ask if it has MMS. Why can't someone just make it, I don't mind paying for it but it's a necessity.

i agree, ill pay for it as well. it needs to be done, i cant imagine it would be that hard for someone to make given what is already out there.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
If someone sends a picture MMS to your actual phone number you will be referred to viewmymessage.com in order to look at it. And since there is not cut and paste on iPhone it's a real pain.
yes tell me about it. You would think the would give you one of two features, either MMS (the way we know and love it) or copy paste, so those damn id's and passwords can at least be entered with speed at viewmymessage.com

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I never view my picture messages until I get home and look it up on my computer, then the person who sends it always asks me what took me so long.:oops:

idancenreno

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
I never view my picture messages until I get home and look it up on my computer, then the person who sends it always asks me what took me so long.:oops:
I love my (free) iPhone but HATE this stupid MMS/SMS issue! Just give it to us already, its hurting my businesss :)!

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
yep, my verizon family does laugh at me.
you should laugh at them and tell them to get a real phone that can actually support e-mail not crappy hacks like MMS.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
I think AT&T sped up the .viewmymessage.com b/c I used to do the same, but now even with edge, it seems to load pretty quickly.

I really don't mind using email option instead anyway.