Can't sync Address Book . . .

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
My iPhone 4 died on me yesterday. I'm now using my 3G. I'm on Lion, and just set-up that iCloud, why I did this I'm starting to ask myself. But now it will not allow me to sync my contacts. I know it must have something to do with that awful iCloud. The Address Book does not even show up in the All contacts panel. Disgusting! It synced everything but the component I need the most!

Any suggestions?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Do you have your contacts saved in an older iTunes backup? If so, you can always use one of those backups to dump onto your iPhone 4S.

Another option to safeguard your contacts is to use Google, it's easy and free. For more information on Google look here.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
My iPhone 4 died on me yesterday. I'm now using my 3G. I'm on Lion, and just set-up that iCloud, why I did this I'm starting to ask myself. But now it will not allow me to sync my contacts. I know it must have something to do with that awful iCloud. The Address Book does not even show up in the All contacts panel. Disgusting! It synced everything but the component I need the most!

Any suggestions?
I thought you had to be on IOS5 to fully utilise iCloud...at most you 3G is at 4.2.1:confused:

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I thought you had to be on IOS5 to fully utilise iCloud...at most you 3G is at 4.2.1:confused:
That's the problem. Because my iPhone 4 died, I'm forced to use an old 3G until Nov 11, when I'm due an upgrade. And I can't get iTunes to sync my contacts on the 3G. The only reason I can think that it won't sync is because of this iCloud which I incorporated earlier this week when my iPhone 4 was still running. Perhaps I'm not making sense.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Do you have your contacts saved in an older iTunes backup? If so, you can always use one of those backups to dump onto your iPhone 4S.

Another option to safeguard your contacts is to use Google, it's easy and free. For more information on Google look here.
I can't do that because the phone I'm trying to sync is a 3G. I just don't understand why all of a sudden everything but the contacts syncs. The thought of keying in more than 500 contacts is frightening!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can't do that because the phone I'm trying to sync is a 3G. I just don't understand why all of a sudden everything but the contacts syncs. The thought of keying in more than 500 contacts is frightening!
When your phone connects to iTunes, are you checking the relevant box which sync your contacts?