Can't sync iPhone on Leopard

javajack

Sep 27, 2007
I upgraded to Leopard on my Mac laptop and now can't sync my phone unlocked and running 1.0.2. I read that diwngrading iTunes to 3.6.2 would work but still no sync. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I had no problem syncing the first time I moved over to leopard, but I did have a problem last night after upgrading my iPhoto and Quicktime. For some reason syncing just stopped working after the updates. The only thing that fixed it was deleting all my stuff and then having iTunes put it all back. It just wouldn't sync at all with the old files there for some strange reason.

If you've got you stuff backed up, try removing it from the phone and then try to sync with a clean phone. Worked for me.

javajack

Sep 27, 2007
Thanks, that's what I was going to try next. I didn't want to lose all my music categories, etc, but I guess that's what it's going to take.

javajack

Sep 27, 2007
So how did you delete stuff off your phone if it wouldn't connect? I'm not sure how to go about deleting things from my phone if I can't do it through the computer interface and iTunes.

javajack

Sep 27, 2007
Problem fixed. I found this on another forum. Someone posted that the version of iTunes that installs with iTunes causes the problem and suggested trashing it. I then used software update to automatically find iTunes from the Apple site and install it for me. Next time I launched iTunes my phone sync'd just like the old days. Thought I'd let the rest of you know in case you had the same problem.