Can't sync or download music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daveh65, Oct 18, 2012.

1. daveh65

daveh65 New Member

hi, had a wifi issue with my iPhone 4s, Apple has replaced the phone as faulty, now the replacement phone keeps saying unable to download songs, and when on iTunes it wont sync at all, no matter what i check or uncheck i cant find a solution, ive deleted then re downloaded them etc but no success, really had enough of of Apple at the moment all worked fine on the old phone and to top it all the new phone has a chip on the rear glass and thats going back soon, im running ios6 and the latest iTunes , please help as its driving me mental !

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I'd do a restore in iTunes from a previous backup.

3. daveh65

daveh65 New Member

previous phone was used without i tunes, using a fresh version of iTunes and phone just cant sync the 4 songs on there or even download from iTunes to the phone ! just keeps saying unable to download tap to try again, don't know what else to do

4. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

How did you use iPhone without iTunes? I think if you have no backup saved, you will need have to do a restore as new to factory settings and than re-download all your songs. It looks like the issue is with your phone.

5. daveh65

daveh65 New Member

apologies, ment the phone was brand new and a new install of iTunes , so no complications, or problems, cant even log into iTunes on the phone and download a song

6. daveh65

daveh65 New Member

doing a full restore again, and just removed iTunes and downloaded it again, keep you posted if it works , could it be a fault with the phone?

7. daveh65

daveh65 New Member

restore done, songs have now appeared on the music app, not there before, didn't update the carrier settings this time, and backed up from PC not i cloud, over the cable not WiFi, all seems to be working well so far, my iPhone 3g was bullet proof compared to this one

8. daveh65

daveh65 New Member

BINGO , one happy chappy