Can't text pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by superchaos, May 27, 2013.

1. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

Any reason why I can't send pics through text?I think I'm suppose to be able too.

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What happens when you try to send pictures through text? You should be able to text pictures, yes. Some larger photos do take longer to send, however.

Sent using iCafe app

3. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

It loads almost all then stops then says not delivered with an explanation point.

Sent using iCafe app

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Sometimes even when it says not delivered, it actually still delivered the message. I've noticed this when sending regular messages.

What operating software are you currently on? Have you tried a full restore through iTunes?

Sent using iCafe app

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Also, make sure you have Cellular Data set to on. (Settings > General > Cellular)

6. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

Had to do a restore once and had problems with that at the time.Im using an iPhone 4. I'm using wifi with cellular data off.Would that matter?

Sent using iCafe app

7. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Even if you are on wifi you will still need a cell signal to send texts, unless its an iMessage. The fact that you have cellular data off explains the problem. Do you have a data plan with your phone?

8. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

It worked with cell data on.Thanks. I should be able to get text with it off I think because I have.I always use wifi and keep that off because I have the least data plan.

Sent using iCafe app

9. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

iMessages (Apple to Apple product) is all data and you can send them on wifi alone. They show up in Messages.app as blue. Regular SMS messages require a cell signal and they up green in Messages.app.

Maybe you're confusing the two.

10. superchaos

superchaos Member
    Bronze

Probably.Haven't done much texting with this phone.i just remember getting a text from someone then I sent back a response and a pic but the pic wouldn't send but I thought I remember the actual text went through a separate text telling that I couldn't send a pic and was going to send through face book.

Sent using iCafe app