Cant think of going back to regular phone

Sep 22, 2007
Fullerton
How many of you guys think you can go back to your old phones or phones that are regular phones.

I think whatver iPhone is right now, its FAST. Everything is quick, fast and easy to use. Eg, find a place, click it right there and then you can call them..
songs, videos everything on click.. and FAST..

I have couple of nice Nokia phones N70 and N91, both which are amazing phones, with amazing camera and flash lights..but i cant even think about using them again...

Am i the only one?

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I'm a Nokia fanboy but ever since they started using colour screens their phones have been slow as crap. They've picked up the pace a little lately but I think the iPhone did a good job of making the interface a bit more of an issue to them, I think they were just prioritising battery life over interface speed (aka, faster interface requires faster processor which sucks up more battery) but judging by the interface I've seen on newer phones they've sorted it somehow. To get to my messages I go Messages > Inbox > *whatever message* and there's like a three second wait between each button press. Loading up my gallery takes ages.

Sep 22, 2007
Fullerton
yes exactly, my N70 looks nice, but i put music on there and took some videos, and pics, though the quality is very good, it takes AGES to get anywhere, and i hate that... same with N91, nice fone but slow as hell..

iPhone is super fast, the ipod feature is amazingly fast and i love the slide show with the album view..

i love it..

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I don't have to carry a damn "man bag" to work anymore. You know those kind that look like old war postal bags or whatever? Yeah, that with my computer, DS, zen, and my pebl... Thats like 5lbs of crap just to keep me connected or entertained in a pinch.

I'm NOT going back to those days.

Oh yeah, I don't wear a watch anymore either. Yeah, I'm pretty much screwed if I lose my iPhone.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I don't have to carry a damn "man bag" to work anymore. You know those kind that look like old war postal bags or whatever? Yeah, that with my computer, DS, zen, and my pebl... Thats like 5lbs of crap just to keep me connected or entertained in a pinch.

I'm NOT going back to those days.

Oh yeah, I don't wear a watch anymore either. Yeah, I'm pretty much screwed if I lose my iPhone.
It is pretty sweet to carry the smallest purse I have and I still have all the info I need! (But I am mom, so I sometimes have to carry some kid-stuff, too).
I would not want to go back to my old phones. I recently had a razor then a BB Pearl. I have also gone through multiple planners in paper and electronic form. But I love my iphone-all the stuff I need in one place! Last week I watched Chuck (pilot episode, missed it) on a flight, surfed the net in the airport, checked my calendar of what was going on that week, and listened to some music. While I was at my destination, we had some free time and wanted to go to the local outlet mall. Oh, I just looked up the address on the web and google mapped it. Useful and fun.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
yeah, gotta chime in.
Longtime windows guy....LOVED my Tytn...STILL miss the many things I could do with it but no way I could go back to like-devices. I went in and played with the new tilt and walked away..no way.(by the way, I had to stand there and test 3G vs iPhone Edge.....and yeah the whole page downloads about 30% faster on the Tilt but each is 'interactable' at about the same time ....and the iPhone of course has the whole page exposed at that time in which I can touch the heading I want vs the Tilt in which I must scroll heading by heading to the item I want....honestly not that much difference.
So...the interface is just to suave....and cool to consider anything else.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
That's a good point about how important interface is. You may have the fastest connection to the internet, but if you're on a Black Berry and you need to use that dumb scroll wheel to get to the link at the bottom, the iPhone is going to be significantly quicker. I used to challenge people to do a list of tasks that can be found on any smart phone and I would bet a small amount of money that I would be faster in completing it all, from adding a dentist appointment to finding out something on wikipedia, to sending a text message, and even checking a map location. It's going to be faster on the iPhone just because the interface is so straightforward.

Lucas7

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
great post

....I thought I was alone when I thought about that! No way could I go to a dinosaur phone now!