Can't turn volume to 0

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I could have sworn that I could do this a couple of weeks ago, but now I can't.

If I'm NOT using the iPod to listen to a song or video, when I try to turn the volume all the way down with the rocker switch, I'm always left with the first square in the volume bar. All the other ones are off but the first one stays on and the speaker is set at it's lowest setting.

However, if I'm listening to something in the iPod, the volume switches will turn the sound off. Is this something in 1.1.4 that I never noticed before or has it always been that way?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Glad to know I'm not losing it.

BTW, I'll be in San Fran tomorrow, leaving for Alaska on Saturday. I SO need this vacation

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you talking about like the ringtone volume and such? If I'm looking at the home screen, the iPod is off, and I hit the Volume down button on the side, eventually the white blocks go dark, all of them. Once the volume is completely turned down the 3 little arcs turn from white to black as well.

Not sure if I'm just misunderstanding.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Are you talking about like the ringtone volume and such? If I'm looking at the home screen, the iPod is off, and I hit the Volume down button on the side, eventually the white blocks go dark, all of them. Once the volume is completely turned down the 3 little arcs turn from white to black as well.

Not sure if I'm just misunderstanding.
Yeah,that's what I'm talking about. I thought mine did exactly that but I noticed today that it didn't. The only way to turn the volume all the way off using the buttons is if the iPod is on and playing something.