Can't use AirPlay anymore.

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by aikiyan, Jul 16, 2013.

1. aikiyan

aikiyan New Member

Hello everyone, I've been using my Apple Tv for 6 months and it worked great. I used to stream using airplay from my iMac, pc and iPhone. Now, AirPlay does'nt work anymore. Sometimes, I can see an image but it is frozen. The weird thing is that netflix works fine! I tried with another router and it is the same thing. Anyone experienced this before?
    Thanks

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try updating the Apple TV. Unplug it and plug it back in if it's up to date. Then do a hard reset on the phone or iPad. Press the home and power buttons at the same time and let go when you see the Apple logo.

3. aikiyan

aikiyan New Member

Thanks, done that. I even reseted the Apple TV. Now it sort of works...if I want to stream a 1 hour program, I have to wait 10 minutes for the Apple TV to upload. Weird cause it was'nt like that the past 6 months..

Sent using iCafe app

4. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

I assume mirroring works and I assume streaming the video on your iMac works without delay.

It's just taking 10 minutes to see anything you stream to your ATV from the iMac. Do you have this issue with different types of streaming, youtube, safari video, and iTunes player? If everything is buffering that slow that is odd.

The next thing I would test is to airplay something you have stored locally, ie an iTunes video you have downloaded. See if that Airplays ok.

It sounds like you meant that you have this issue on streaming content only.The only thing I can think is that because when you stream you are using bandwidth and when you airplay you are using more bandwidth; maybe there is not enough room for both. Or else you have some sort of a memory issue on your ATV.

5. aikiyan

aikiyan New Member

Thanks for the advices. Made more tests. The streaming is as slow coming from the computers or the iPhone. I can actually stream now but for an hour long video I have to wait for about 10 mins before it starts playing. I guess it is "normal". What is odd is that it used to stream almost instantly. Also with Netflix it works fine.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you done a speedtest lately? Your Internet connection might be slower now for some reason.