Can't view my photos on my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Hi,

I just got my iPhone and am really enjoying it. Thing is, i LOVE photography, and for some reason a lot of my photos will not copy to my iPhone.

It says:

Some of your photos were not copied to your iPhone, because the iPhone cannot view images like that.. or something.

These images are all .jpg.. originally shot in raw and then converted in Lightroom.. anyone know what the deal is?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Can you upload one of your photos? I'll do my best to find out what the problem is. You can either upload the photo directly here, or PM me and I'll give you my email address.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
hmmm..that's strange. I just took your photos with making any changes to them and synced them with my iPhone with no problems. After viewing the properties of the photos, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't upload to your iPhone. (Sometimes photos are set to CMYK instead of RBG, which I don't think is viewable on the iPhone). Have you tried syncing again, one by one? Perhaps there's only a few that are corrupted or something.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I'm not exactly sure how to sync one by one? I've been trying to do one folder at a time though. I'm thinking it may be a problem with my computer as well. I'll mess with it some more.

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I had this exact same problem with my .jpgs. Converting them to bitmap allowed me to get them on the phone as a temporary solution, but definitely something strange going on.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
believe it or not exporting to .tiff allowed me to put them on there.. problem is now all the vertical shots have these weird colored stripes going across them.. were as the horizontal ones look perfect. Let's hope they can fix this

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I'm not exactly sure how to sync one by one? I've been trying to do one folder at a time though. I'm thinking it may be a problem with my computer as well. I'll mess with it some more.
Nevermind about that...I was just trying to figure out a way to pinpoint which exact photos weren't uploading, but I guess iTunes tells you which exact ones weren't compatible. I'm at a loss as to why your photos won't sync, since they worked just fine on mine. Good luck and let me know if you ever do figure it out.