Caps Lock not working

methfan

Oct 14, 2008
Anaheim, Ca
Anyone have trouble with the Caps Lock not working? I have the option turned on in the Settings -> General -> Keyboard . But when I double tap the shift key, it just flips back and forth from Upper to Lower.

I do remember it working a while back ago. The shift key would turn blue. But it's not working anymore.

Not a huge problem, but definitely a nuisance.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Anyone have trouble with the Caps Lock not working? I have the option turned on in the Settings -> General -> Keyboard . But when I double tap the shift key, it just flips back and forth from Upper to Lower.

I do remember it working a while back ago. The shift key would turn blue. But it's not working anymore.

Not a huge problem, but definitely a nuisance.
Do a hard reset. Holding sleep and home button at same time until the iPhone powers off. I had the same problem and the hard reset fixed it. If that doesn't work restore your phone in iTunes. Mark

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Try the hard reset first as Mark suggest. This seems to be a fix all in most cases. I will add that you should turn your phone completely off and back on every 3-4 days or at least once a week. This seems to "refresh" the phone and make all well again.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Thanks guys! i have been trying to figure out the caps lock for like a week lol. its much easier then holding down the button and still trying to type.