Car Adapter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Please don't bite my head off, but I haven't found a thread that discussed part of my question.

I am looking for a car adapter that will do several things.

1) Charge iPhone while in use

2) Play music through car speakers

3) Play videos Audio through car speakers

4) Transmit callers voice through car speakers.

Has anyone heard of something like this coming out anytime?
I would imagine that Apple's iPhone Car Adpater, once created, will focus on these things but I really want to watch video on my phone and have the audio come through the car speakers like a DVD player in car. And I want to be able to speak to my callers through the phones mic but have the callers voice come through the car speakers. Its basically an all-in-one dream that I hope Apple comes out with.

It would also be cool if they made it tilt to the side so you can properly watch videos while driving. I know its not the safest thing in the world but its what I want. lol

let me know what you think.

-Matt
Las Vegas

anameuno

Jul 2, 2007
Do the pinouts on the bottom even allow for the phone (caller on the other end's voice) without using the headphone jack? Such a device would also have to either not cover the mic on the bottom or have some sort of external mic.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
It would also be cool if they made it tilt to the side so you can properly watch videos while driving. I know its not the safest thing in the world but its what I want. lol
Yeah, so I don't care if it puts other people's lives in jeopardy. It's what I want that counts.
Yikes dude!:rolleyes:

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Yeah, so I don't care if it puts other people's lives in jeopardy. It's what I want that counts.
Yikes dude!:rolleyes:

You will never find a purposely designed accessory that will allow you to watch dvd's while driving... I think you would have to hack an existing system. I think your best option would be to:

1. search here for people who have successfuly paired their iPhones with their car stereos through an interface cable. Alpine works mostly, pioneer, and scion factory units seem to work. However you would have to try it out.
2. Buy that headunit and try and get one that is also bluetooth enabled. Buy the ipod cable for the headunit you purchased. Install your system.

The bluetooth will take care of the calls through the speakers and the cable will take care of the music through the speakers. However your mic would be independent not the iPhone mic. I don't know about the video, i know the alpine doesn't recognize the video files. I had a scion 06 tC headunit also and that did recognize the video files but would not play them, but rather get confused and freeze.

good luck