Car integration

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
i have a 2004 Ford Mustang and i was wondering if anyone knew any iPhone/ipod car integration options. i tried looking at DICE but could'nt find one. im looking for something that works directly with a stereo, not like a fm transmitter. if anyone has any ideas please reply =]

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
You are either going to

A) need a deck with a AUX input in the back or front of it

or

B) Buy a aftermarket CD player and get ipod adapter that works with that brand.

Otherwise, the FM way is the only way.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
i have a 2004 Ford Mustang and i was wondering if anyone knew any iPhone/ipod car integration options. i tried looking at DICE but could'nt find one. im looking for something that works directly with a stereo, not like a fm transmitter. if anyone has any ideas please reply =]
Have you checked out Crutchfield? They have several solutions for this. The Mustang is a common enough car (don't mean that in a bad way) that there should be a lot of systems out there. We've got an '02 Explorer which I added an adapter to. It plugs into the back of the stereo (premium if that matters) where the remote CD changer would plug into. This then gave me two sets of RCA inputs. I was able to connect an HD receiver into one and an aux in to the other. I can use an iPod or iPhone (or any MP3 player for that matter) in the aux plug. For my MINI, I was able to get an "official" BMW iPod interface that allows me to tuck the iPod into the glove box and control it via the head unit and even the steering wheel controls. Have you checked online to see if there is any sort of "official" Ford unit that will just plug into the back of your head unit?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have Pioneer AVIC-Z1 and it has an aux ipod adapter.
All the control of the ipod is done from the head unit. So once you plug the ipod in, you can put it away. You don't have to access it while driving.

Grappler

Jul 10, 2007
Ok I think it would be awesome to integrate my iPhone. I have a 2006 toyota landcruiser with navagation and stock stereo with 6 disc changer. Can anyone give me advice where to go or what to buy/look into for integration. Thank you in advance.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
I think a lot of these Car stereo Head Units can also interface with a Bluetooth car kit. I know Alpines can, not sure about some of the others but would imagine they would as well. But the Bluetooth interface is usually around 100-150, along with the cost of the head unit.

I thought about doing that, but figure I'll wait until I get a new car before dumping a lot of money into the cars electronics. I cant see putting a lot of money into a car thats almost 10 years old. hehehe.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think a lot of these Car stereo Head Units can also interface with a Bluetooth car kit. I know Alpines can, not sure about some of the others but would imagine they would as well. But the Bluetooth interface is usually around 100-150, along with the cost of the head unit.

I thought about doing that, but figure I'll wait until I get a new car before dumping a lot of money into the cars electronics. I cant see putting a lot of money into a car thats almost 10 years old. hehehe.
Too bad the iPhone doesn't support stereo bluetooth connections.
Crutchfield.com has just able everything you can think of, including some solutions I have found on other sites.
Just got my kit today for my 2001 Pathfinder LE. I'll let you know how installation goes.