Car junkies?

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I've noticed that a few of you(SikShift, Sav, etc.) have a pretty good handle on your knowledge of all things vehicular. That being said, i'm hoping one of you can help me out.

Let's say for example I had in my possession a 2002 Pontiac Firebird, V6 and stock. If I were to hop in and hotrod around a little bit, would it get up and go? I mean, I'm not expecting high speeds or anything like that, I just want it to be responsive when my foot gets heavy, you guys know what I mean. I've got a V6 van now, and whenever I floor IT, the damned thing laughs at me. And proceeds to travel at 20 mph.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
it will get up and go more than the van but at no means is it going to be fast. You will most likely be outran by a honda civic with a coffe can on the exhaust. Get a LT-1 TA.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
yeah, I wish. But I'm on a bit of a budget. That combined with the "limited" selection in my area makes it hard to find ANY decent domestic cars.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
An 02 bird with a v6 should be pretty responsive for you, since your not looking to race quater miles, you should be happy with it. The main thing would be how many miles are on it and the cylinder compression, if those are normal as far as can be for 7 years old you will be satisfied.
don't forget the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror :).