Car Mount

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
I don't sell these things or have stock in the company! I haven't seen them mentioned here yet so here it is.

As as far as my experience they're about the best I could find, and not expensive.

I plan to have a mount so the phone will stay accessible while driving. I've used Ram Mounts in both cars and planes. I have a GPS mount from them that works great.

The thing I'm working on now is a case that will protect the screen but be readily accessible to take a call. I'd like to find one with a flip under cover that will still stay secure in the mount without removing the case!

http://www.ram-mount.com/mount/ramb138un3_iPhone.htm

Getting closer.....:cool:

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Buh tugly. It's just a generic cradle with a cable.

Dension and DLO should have some decent cradles soon.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Buh tugly. It's just a generic cradle with a cable.

Dension and DLO should have some decent cradles soon.
Actually the one I like has an arm that rides on a ball, that is tightened and then stays in a fixed position - but I'll be sure to have a look at the ones you mentioned.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Actually the one I like has an arm that rides on a ball, that is tightened and then stays in a fixed position - but I'll be sure to have a look at the ones you mentioned.
The Densions sort of mount in that fashion, with a ball that can be angled how you want it and tightened by a set screw, but they usually use a plate instead of an arm. I prefer the look and functionality: they look OEM and don't have cable runs cluttering the interior. The variations that interface directly with factory stereos may be hit or miss... I prefer just using the aux input, and running the cables out of sight to the headunit inputs.

http://www.dension.com/main.htm

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
The Densions sort of mount in that fashion, with a ball that can be angled how you want it and tightened by a set screw, but they usually use a plate instead of an arm. I prefer the look and functionality: they look OEM and don't have cable runs cluttering the interior. The variations that interface directly with factory stereos may be hit or miss... I prefer just using the aux input, and running the cables out of sight to the headunit inputs.

http://www.dension.com/main.htm
I understand.

In my case I have a steel center armrest and console from Galls. It has the Ipod adapter as well as a hardwired GPS in it. The power and antenna wire go DOWN into the console.

I can bring the cable for the ipod adapter up out of the console and hardwire it to the phone base, just like an Ipod dock.

Currently, I have an Ipod hooked up to the adapter INSIDE the console out of sight. I can pull it out by lifting out the plastic cup holder which allows easy access to the inside of the console. I have a normal aux connector waiting as well, just in case the Ipod interface isn't compatible with the iPhone.

The car stereo has handsfree bluetooth for the phone. Depending on the bluetooth handshake I can access everything including phonebook and music through the stereo.

Of course, I WANT to see the iPhone!

It has a very utilitarian look, sort of like the inside of a tank, but it works just right for me!