Car Stereo Apps & the 3G

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
makin' a trip in the mazda 6...stereo doesn't have aux input...any apps that allow you sync iPhone via car stereo...maybe i'm a little too far into future, but i'd thought i'd put it out there...

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
Maybe I'm just being extra dense because it's early, but how would you possibly use a software application to sync a cellphone/ipod with a car stereo? Sync what to what?

Since you're talking about an application, I assume you mean something different than Microsoft's Sync platform which is integrated into the car stereo and communicates with the phone via Bluetooth.

My Subaru Outback also didn't have an aux input. I found a kit that allowed me to make a minor modification to my existing stereo and create an aux input. Search around and you can probably find the same kind of thing for your car.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, there are stereos out there with hard drives in them for storing music, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

If your stereo doesn't have an aux input or a cassette deck, your only option for getting iPhone music into it is with an FM transmitter. They are hit and miss, depending on which one you get and which part of the country you live in.

By the way, I've noticed your avatar. Do you do live sound?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Well, there are stereos out there with hard drives in them for storing music, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

If your stereo doesn't have an aux input or a cassette deck, your only option for getting iPhone music into it is with an FM transmitter. They are hit and miss, depending on which one you get and which part of the country you live in.

By the way, I've noticed your avatar. Do you do live sound?

thanks man...wish i had a FM transmitt- ..like...right now...LOL...

yeah man i did live sound for years in the church...that particular avatar was from a performance my manz did at this church and ran his tracks from me iPhone...at first it flopped cause i used an aux cable, then when i used the belkin cable (l-r rca to quart inch), it was good...

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My car (2009 Acura TSX with tech package) supports Bluetooth Audio and once the iPhone becomes A2DP-compatible, I'll be syncing wirelessly with my stereo! :cool:

By the way, my car also comes with a USB port that goes straight to my stereo, which isn't a bad way to connect. ;)

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
My car (2009 Acura TSX with tech package) supports Bluetooth Audio and once the iPhone becomes A2DP-compatible, I'll be syncing wirelessly with my stereo! :cool:

By the way, my car also comes with a USB port that goes straight to my stereo, which isn't a bad way to connect. ;)
NICE! Wireless...the wave of the future...