Carbon Fiber iPhone cases, coming soon

propedderkustoms

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Just wanted to let you all know that after getting my iPhone and sorting through available options for cases, I am going my own route. I work with CNC mills, lathes, and composite shops...and I am going to try to work out a neat CF or maybe billet aluminum iPhone case. If they work out well maybe I will find a retailer to sell them for me. I am looking to make something that is perfectly form fitting while not masking the design elements of the iPhone too much [or when it is necessary, use something cool and high tech like CF, instead of clear plastic or rubber].

Jul 1, 2007
Just wanted to let you all know that after getting my iPhone and sorting through available options for cases, I am going my own route. I work with CNC mills, lathes, and composite shops...and I am going to try to work out a neat CF or maybe billet aluminum iPhone case. If they work out well maybe I will find a retailer to sell them for me. I am looking to make something that is perfectly form fitting while not masking the design elements of the iPhone too much [or when it is necessary, use something cool and high tech like CF, instead of clear plastic or rubber].
that is perfect, part of my car is carbon fiber. When you get it made let me know I will have a sales outlet for you if the item is perfect.

rb6719

Jul 24, 2007
Carbon Fiber... sweet!

I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say, it would depend upon how it looks and how well it protects. But sign me up - especially if you can incorporate some form of cable wrap/cable management on the back. Cable management has been extensively overlooked inthe design of 99% of the iPhone cases available.

outsited

Jul 19, 2007
would this be 100% carbon fiber ? or just an overlay? I would be interested in a REAL carbon fiber case just for the hell of it.

chetwynd

Jul 17, 2007
count me in!

Wow, yeah, count me in on anything cool like that! Just add a rubber gasket of some kind inside so the iPhone is cushioned and can't shake around at all.

then sell one to me!

May 14, 2007
Liner Needed

I would be interested as well -- but that metal would scratch up the iPhone terribly. Also, what about the weight of a billet case?

:cool:

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just wondering if you have any updates for us on this case for us, just let me know when i can send u the money and how much man i'll be the first one!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It would be cool to give color options and annodize the aluminum. My company has a machine shop for prototypes and production parts. We make some cool valve blocks and hand controllers that are annodized aluminum. They look sharp! Great idea!