Carphone Warehouse Internal Email about UK iPhones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

witnica

Jul 30, 2007
Europe

To CPW Staff.

Dear all,

It brings me great pleasure to confirm that we have secured an exclusive deal with O2 and Apple to bring the hotly awaited iPhone to our customers,here in the UK.

From November 9th we will be the exclusive independent retailer to retail this amazing new device through our stores and on-line.

For several months the team have been working tirelessly behind the scenes with our long-term partners O2, to bring the iPhone to our customers in the best possible way: A revolutionary device available through the largest mobile phone retailer on the high street, with the excellent service levels and the flexibility of a great network.

O2 and The Carphone Warehouse have a long history of working together successfuly to offer the best possible route to market for the iPhone, with a combined footprint of 1,300 retail stores across the UK

Wherever you are, you'll be able to see the iPhone, demo it and buy it.

All stores will have live devices, new display areas and WIFI access to showcase the products

We are incredibly excited to be bringing yet another ground breaking proposition to our customers first. The iPhone has sold over 1 million units since launch in June, so be prepared for the rush!

I'm sure you have lots of questions, but please visit ASK US for the finer detail.

Best wishes

Andrew Harrison (Uk Chief Executive)
------------------

But do remember, It's just a phone!

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
The price doesn't add up to me really, 8 months ago i took out an 18 month contract with t-mobile and got a (then) £500 N95 free.

Now i have just bought a brand new 100% unlocked iPhone shipped from the states to the uk for £290 so how can carphone warehouse justify charging £260 for a contract phone which should be subsidized by the contract price.

Maybe they know the phone is going to fly out of the stores and people will pay anything to get one - or am i just being cynical?:laugh2:

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
i know what a shame, if you work it out, it will actually cost you, £899.00, for the iPhone and thats if you don't go over your limits and incure more charges, seems waaaaaaaaay to much to pay for a new phone, may just get the ipod touch instead, same thing but without the phone, and it has double memory 16gb compared to the iPhone 8gb being released in the UK

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
I must admit that's exactly what i said but with the price coming down all the time just went for it.(impatient).