Carrier Images Won't Take (?)

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I'm using Modded Customize with 1.1.4. Whenever I try to change the carrier images, it lets me choose which carrier I want to change it to, from the ones I've downloaded, but once it refreshes the Springboard and goes back to the home screen, the carrier is still just the regular AT&T carrier that comes with the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get it fixed? I would like to avoid having to use the new Customize at all costs. If there is a way to get it to actually change the carrier image with Modded Customize, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys. :laugh2:

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Okay, thanks. Have you ever experienced any problems with Make it Mine? (I'm always paranoid about having to restore my phone again.)

BTW, your picture is hilarious!

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Okay, thanks. Have you ever experienced any problems with Make it Mine? (I'm always paranoid about having to restore my phone again.)

BTW, your picture is hilarious!
Thanks, I love Quagmire. You have to wonder what he did to end up in a line up?! :eek:

As for "make it mine" No problems at all. Although, I've noticed that it stays there even after a restore + a back up of your settings. It will only go away if you setup as a new phone after a restore. Not too big a deal. But something to know about.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
But is there a whole list of things to change it to, like cool things? Or is it kind of lame? Also, about what you said about it staying there, if I chose one carrier, I wouldn't be able to change it to another carrier without restoring and choosing Set Up as New Phone and all that?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Oh, okay. Sweet!

Giggidy, giggidy, gi-ggi-dy! :p

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
With the Modded Customize, use Make It Mine, to change carrier name to iPod. Then your carrier images in Customize will work. The backup image in Modded Customize is iPod. So you have to trick it a little.
Hope this helps. If you want all kinds of stuff for the Modded Customize, add this source.

http://repo.sc/24trepid

Then in Categories, look under Themes (customize)
All kinds of images and sound packs.
Enjoy..:cool:

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Oh, it was my priority to get that source right after upgrading to 1.1.4. I already have all the images and I'm LOVING THEM! :cool:

Anyway, I've installed Make it Mine and now all is good. That's interesting about what you said about tricking the Modded Customize. I'll have to try that! You're a genius!