Case and screen protector for the iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Apple2112, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Apple2112

Apple2112 New Member

I have been the proud owner of several iPhones. The 3G, 4, and currently the 5. The phones have always gone naked without any mishaps. My 6+ is scheduled to be delivered Monday 9/29 and I must admit I'm a little nervous about accidental damage this time because of it's shear size. I went out today and purchased the Apple leather case. I'm not sure if I need to purchase a screen protector as well. What are you going to use on your new 6+, if anything? Also any brand recommendations for cases and screen protectors is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all who reply.

#1 Apple2112, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. Liberty

Liberty New Member

I did. Normally wouldn't but with the size of the screen I advise you to

3. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

I have received my spigin air soft case and I I received my skinomi screen protector. Then today groupon had a screenguards tempered glass ones for $9.99. So I bought it without even having my plus yet.

Sent using iCafe app

4. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I've always used Otterbox cases on my phones. I would have loved using the phone naked but just couldn't do it. Too afraid I'd drop it or bang it and damage it. About a week before my phone showed up I swung by the AT&T store and I picked up a Pelican case and holster for m 6 Plus. I love the case as it is full coverage and seems like it will be good protection but doesn't add as much bulk as I'm used to with the Otterbox Defender. The only weak point with this setup is it comes with two static cling sheets for the front glass and they don't adhere well at the edges because of the shaped glass on the phone. You basically adhere the screen protector and then place the phone in to the front half of the case and then snap the rear on. I'm seeing some lifting of the sheet all around the perimeter.

5. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

#5 efuseakay, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  6. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

My 6+ won't arrive until Monday but I ordered this case. I think it's beautiful!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NN94UJW/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1411852386&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

The case won't be here until Wednesday, so I also picked up this case at Best Buy along with a plain clear plastic Spigen case.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-premium-wood-case-for-apple-iphone-6-plus-bamboo/8451799.p?id=1219336297415&skuId=8451799

I like to switch cases depending on what I'm doing each day.

7. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I wasted so much money on screen protectors when I got my 4. IMO they are way more trouble than they are worth.

8. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I've always gone without a case or screen protector but since trying the Matt screen protector on my oneplusone I've changed my mind and I've also ordered a gel case that covers the back as I've paid cash for this iPhone 6p and £700 is a lot to lose and the case is only £20 so it's daft not to have one to use.

9. charlich

charlich New Member

I have tried the Halo Screen Protector for the iPhone 6. It seems fine. Easy to install and does not impact retina view much.

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

These look very nice.
    I had a hand me down Sector series (thanks @Europa ) for my 5 that was killer. Superior edge / drop protection w/minimal additional bulk & weight.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

#10 snowtrooper1966, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Those are looking NICE! I was always interested in this case for the 5s but never got it. I'm going to take the plunge for my 6+ this time!

Sent using iCafe app

12. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I just received my SPIEGEN Crystal for iPhone 6+. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412032439.830515.jpg

It doesn't fit the screen perfectly edge to edge. It appears to leave room for a case.

It is virtually invisible and it feels like nothing's there. I love SPIEGEN screen protectors. I've used them for all my iPhone's.

Sent using iCafe app

#12 Sharunda, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  13. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I got the apple black silicon case for my silver plus. I just picked up the zagg glass screen protector and I absolutely love it. Went on super easy and the feel resembles the that of the actual iPhone screen. I can't believe I've gone this long with using all other kinds of screen protectors and not the glass ones.

14. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Zagg Glass

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Just ordered one from Best Buy for pickup tomorrow. You'd better be right. :D

16. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

17. snowtrooper1966

Gold

He is....

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

IPhone 6 Plus cases by Otterbox are now available.

Defender
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412101389.952198.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

#18 Ledsteplin, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  19. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

I received my screen protector that I had ordered. And I must say that even after all that I had heard about the screen protectors not going to the edge because of the curve, I am still less than happy with how much of my screen isn't covered. Even with my case there still is about a quarter of an inch edge that my fingers keep sliding off and it just feels wrong. Perhaps someone will come up with a tempered glass screen protector that covers more on the 6 plus.

Sent using iCafe app

20. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

By the way, the brand name is an Aduro. They don't have the ones for the 6's listed on their corporate site, so maybe they were just dumping some early guessed sized ones on groupon?

Sent using iCafe app