Case for iPhone in a silicone skin

Oct 3, 2007
Toms River, NJ
Hello.

I'm using an iPhone in a silicone skin, and I put that in a horizontal leather Tumi case that was made to fit the Palm Treo. The case is a little big (deep), and I'd like to find one that is a little smaller, and is all black, since the Tumi case is 2 tone black and some other color that I can't really describe.

I like the skin on the iPhone for grip and it doesn't slide around or scratch when I put it in the cupholder in my car. Having the case to go with it really protects the phone and it's easy to grip the phone because of the skin, to take it out of the case.

Since most of the iPhone cases for sale just fit the phone perfectly, and the skin adds very little to the overall dimensions but makes the phone slightly longer, wider etc., it's hard to order a case online without trying it out first.

Is anyone else using an iPhone in a skin, and using a horizontal pouch/case?

What kind is it, and how is the fit?

Thanks,

Steve

lahaye7

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I use my old E&B horizontal pouch for the treo. I did use the Mareware sportskin. The silicon made it difficult to pull out at times, but it fit great. Started using the Seidio slim case and the E&B and it works much better.

Hello.

I'm using an iPhone in a silicone skin, and I put that in a horizontal leather Tumi case that was made to fit the Palm Treo. The case is a little big (deep), and I'd like to find one that is a little smaller, and is all black, since the Tumi case is 2 tone black and some other color that I can't really describe.

I like the skin on the iPhone for grip and it doesn't slide around or scratch when I put it in the cupholder in my car. Having the case to go with it really protects the phone and it's easy to grip the phone because of the skin, to take it out of the case.

Since most of the iPhone cases for sale just fit the phone perfectly, and the skin adds very little to the overall dimensions but makes the phone slightly longer, wider etc., it's hard to order a case online without trying it out first.

Is anyone else using an iPhone in a skin, and using a pouch/case?
horizontal
What kind is it, and how is the fit?

Thanks,

Steve