Case Mate Signature Leather Case?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I just bought this case as I wanted something to allow for grip when I use the iPhone. I get worried that it will slip out of my hands when using it. I own the DLO hip case and I like it a lot. The only issues I have with that is the fact that when I pull it out of my pocket I also worry that it will slide out of my hand.

I will be using both cases off and on. My main question about the Case Mate case is, has anyone had issues with the front top portion of the case? The top piece does not seem to be very stiff. I worry when I take the iPhone in and out of the case that it will bend and break. Have others had this issue? I am trying to look for a case that I can take in and out of when I need to dock the iPhone into the dock which is mounted in my car. But I also want something that can be worn around the hip at times as well.

- Garrett

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I just bought this case as I wanted something to allow for grip when I use the iPhone. I get worried that it will slip out of my hands when using it. I own the DLO hip case and I like it a lot. The only issues I have with that is the fact that when I pull it out of my pocket I also worry that it will slide out of my hand.

I will be using both cases off and on. My main question about the Case Mate case is, has anyone had issues with the front top portion of the case? The top piece does not seem to be very stiff. I worry when I take the iPhone in and out of the case that it will bend and break. Have others had this issue? I am trying to look for a case that I can take in and out of when I need to dock the iPhone into the dock which is mounted in my car. But I also want something that can be worn around the hip at times as well.

- Garrett
I've had the case for a couple of months and take it in and out all of the time. What I do is lightly pull back on the top rear part before I slide it out. It's curved forward slightly to hold the phone in, so pulling it back a little makes it easier to get out. It's still in the same shape as it was when I got it.
The biggest issue I have is that typing on the keyboard can be difficult along the edges because of the depth of the perimeter of the face opening.
A friend of mine had one and stopped using it because he claimed that the case hurt his ear if he was on the phone for a length of time.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I have had no problem with the case retaining shape; my problem has been with the belt clip. I use the belt clip option but the knob is only embedded into the case with a small circular backing. In 2 months I have ripped the knob out of 2 cases. AT&T exchanged the first but now I need to find something else.
If you don't use the belt clip knob it’s a great case.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I had one of these and did not experience any problems with the top getting too loose. I always pushed mine up from the dock area and then grabbed the top. I stopped using mine because I didn't like the belt clip part but never had any trouble with the case itself.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah I've heard that the belt clip blows. I just leave it off and stick the phone in my pocket.
On the other hand, I have also heard that the holster that goes with that case is very good.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah I've heard that the belt clip blows. I just leave it off and stick the phone in my pocket.
On the other hand, I have also heard that the holster that goes with that case is very good.

I have the holster for it but don't like it. It's too bulky and scuffs the leather case.