Case + Screen Protection Advise

adammg

Oct 7, 2007
I am planning on getting a Seidio slim hard case for my iPhone, I am needing suggestions on screen protection. Should I get a reusable screen protector or screen protection film. Whats the advantages and disadvantages of each? and what are good brands?

Adammg

P.S. - Easy to apply is really important, I am "applying" challenged.

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I am planning on getting a Seidio slim hard case for my iPhone, I am needing suggestions on screen protection. Should I get a reusable screen protector or screen protection film. Whats the advantages and disadvantages of each? and what are good brands?

Adammg

P.S. - Easy to apply is really important, I am "applying" challenged.
FYI...we do make a screen protector for the iPhone. It doesn't use any glue and can be reapplied as needed. It covers the entire screen but still works perfectly with our cases.

Thanks

adammg

Oct 7, 2007
UPDATE - I got my Seidio Slim Case and its AMAZING. Has the feel of a silicone/rubber case without the worry of it stretching into a sling shot, perfectly snug to the iPhone and alignment is dead on. Just beautiful

On to the bad news, also ordered the Ultimate Screen Protector and it was a so-so product in my opinion. Wasn't easy to apply and directions were fair but far from good, packaging made it hard to get out without leaving finger prints on the static side. After 2 hours of messing with it and screwing up time and time again, washing it and reapplying it then to only have it just slip off maybe I messed up washing it to the point it wouldn't work anymore? I finally lost my cool and balled it up and threw it in the garbage. Some people that are good at applying these things may be able to get it to work the first time and have a great product.

These are my opinions solely, I don't review products or am I a professional so if you wanna give the Ultimate Screen Protector a try go ahead, for $7 dollars it is a strong and scratch resisant material and might be what you are looking for but it wasn't for me.

markr

Jul 13, 2007
I got the case, clip and screen protector as well and have to agree that the case and clip are superior to anything I've used for the phone (this my fourth try at the perfect case/holster -- shouldn't stores have an open box for demo purposes for these things?).

I also agree that the directions for the screen protector are not as clear as they could be. Having used the Power Support Crystal film, I sorta knew the drill and had no problem getting a bubble-free contact with a minimum of hassle. The trick is using the edge of a credit card (iTunes reward cards work well) to "iron" the thing down as you apply it. I prefer the less-reflective Seidio over the Crystal, but that's just me.

BTW, I've had no luck washing these things even though that's often an advertised feature. I swear there's no way to prevent an attack of lint or dust or whatever once you've exposed the static side for any length of time.

Anyway, great product!

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
BTW, I've had no luck washing these things even though that's often an advertised feature. I swear there's no way to prevent an attack of lint or dust or whatever once you've exposed the static side for any length of time.

Anyway, great product!
I may be able to help you. I've been using our screen protectors forever and I have a couple of tips:

1) Make sure the screen is completely clean and there's nothing on it. I know this sounds obvious, but even the smallest particle of dust can show up as a bubble under your screen protector.

2) If any small particles get on your screen protector here's the way I clean it. First use the backing to grab just the edge of the protector. Then flip it over and use scotch tape to remove anything from the side that sticks to the iPhone. I apply a piece, remove it, then get a new piece for the next row until I've completely gone over the entire thing. Then re-apply it to a clean screen and you're all good.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
i use invisibleSHIELD for the front, and the Belkin Slimfit case for when its put away (in my pocket, etc)

looks really good, stays safe, easy to keep on you

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APLiPhoneS.html
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=374799

ps. if you do plan on getting these, if you get the FULLBODY shield instead of just the front, the iPhone will barely fit into the slimfit case and is very hard to get out and put in, litteraly takes a good minute. Just get the FRONT protection.

pps. the belkin case can be found on amazon for about 15 less

this is the best solution i can think of for protecting the iPhone in use, and while stored away, and the case looks really NICE with it