case with wall plug

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by priza, Nov 1, 2011.

?

would you buy this case?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2012.
  1. yes i would buy this how else would i wake up for mcdys bfast when i sleep on random couches

100.0%
  2. no i carry around a charger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. priza

priza New Member

who else would buy a case that plugs directly into the wall? basically a mophie but instead of a battery on the back there is a plug that flips up and plugs right into the wall. late night out just plug in anywhere don't have to carry around a power cord or track one down. how much would you spend?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

No thank you. One I don't use a case. Two who would plug their phone into a wall when "they are out at night"? Three sounds like another gimmick or something to break.
    Now of you said a case with a bottle opener I am there. ;)

3. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Doing it when you're out and obviously can't keep your hands on it, with such a thing, sounds like offering it up for theft to me.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

4. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I would get better friends.

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I could see it in use for a number of reasons. You could get stuck at an airport, a hotel, on a plane or even just at work. I don't take my charger everywhere I go and I don't usually take it to work. But if I got stuck at work late or really had to use my phone hard and really needed to get some charge into it, I can see this being a bonus.

Heading south for a hunting trip last year I got stuck in a airport because there was a problem with the plane. I sat around fiddling with the phone and calling home and calling the people that were going to be picking me up in South Carolina and the battery was pretty low. I needed a charge but couldn't. Charger packed in my bag, bag loaded into baggage. Would have been nice to pop out some plugs and stick it in the wall.

6. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

Seems like a good idea but, It would honestly depend on many variables. How big would the case be to accommodate the built in charger, could the phone still be plugged in to a traditional charger ( I use my phone as my alarm clock so it stays next to my bed on the night stand). If not how easy would it be to get in and out of the case.
    Depending on appearance and ease of use between $50-$100.

7. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver