Casecrown Glider cheaper, better alternative for Incase

elcid

Sep 11, 2009
For just over 9 dollars my mind is blown. The felt lining on the inside of the case, the feel of it in your hand, the way it slides over the iPhone like butter. It's amazing.

I ordered mine in black for my black 16gb iPhone, and when my wife saw it and felt it she had to get the purple and red ones for her black 16gb.

It's like the InCase slider, but not as slippery and just...damn sexy in your hand.

Matte Finish Colors
Black/Red/Purple/Blue

Only for 9.21 a case with free shipping..

I got two for 20.48 should have gotten 3 or 4!

this is not an ad but a review! just check out the site and decide for your self
Casecrown.com

-
Del Cid

Last edited by a moderator:

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Interesting. I've been hearing a lot of talk on this forum and elsewhere about these cases, and I hadn't heard of them until recently. I'll have to look into them, but I'm still rocking my CandyShell and Moshi iGlaze now. Love them!

Oh and PS. I absolutely HATE the Incase Slider because the inside of it scratched my iPhone... :(

elcid

Sep 11, 2009
mmmm I am just trying them out and I got to say they feel GREAT! the lining is on point, very soft felt it actually feels nice to slide your iPhone in and out.
The bottom part of the case fits tightly which is always a must for the two piece case type. Hands down better then the INCASE slider which I will guarantee will scratch the back of your phone.
The quality is good and it feels very sturdy. I'm very comfortable with this in my hands.

I will be posting up pictures of my two cases.[Black] [Amethyst]

I suggest you pick this up while it's on sale!

9.21! i'm still shocked lol

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Interesting. I've been hearing a lot of talk on this forum and elsewhere about these cases, and I hadn't heard of them until recently. I'll have to look into them, but I'm still rocking my CandyShell and Moshi iGlaze now. Love them!

Oh and PS. I absolutely HATE the Incase Slider because the inside of it scratched my iPhone... :(
I am with you. Will never go back to sliders after what it did to my v1.

I do however really like the casecrown cases!

Actually just bought the fuchsia case, and the gray and white striped cases for my fiance and I. Also a laptop case from them as well. I still have my Moshi iGlaze of course, but wanted to have something to swap it out with. Will post a review when they come.

Ajax19

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Has anyone tried the Polycarbonate Slim?

Does it also have the felt on the inside? It sucks that the Glider doesn't come in white. Do you guys think a black case on my white iPhone will look good?

nickpav

Sep 22, 2009
I just got this case in the mail today. Idk how you got free shipping, mine was 4.95. Oh well. The case fits nice, and it good quality, not cheap ****. The felt inside makes me feel so relieved and not stressed about scratches like my invade did. The casecrown on the back is a sticker, buts is a high quality one, and it's indented in the case so it's flush. The only thing that bugs me is that the camera isn't percectly centered in the hole in the case. Not a big deal though.

And I got a coupon in the package too. Casecrown777 for 7.77% off

EDIT: well so far after a day of use ive notices a few more minor problems. it actually does not fit as well as it seemed. on the top, where the screen is, the case does not quite fit. its kind of hard to explain. where the case "bends" over the top of the phone to keep it in place, it doesn't actually come over 'enough.' i can still see, in some parts, the chrome casing around my phone. its not all the way around, which i why i decided this to be a con. its just a minor problem, i just felt like mentioning it. another minor thing: the felt causes the case to slip off under minor pressure. it stays on pretty tight, but if you try and remove it, it comes off very easily (compared to my old incase)

EDIT AGAIN: i guess what im trying to say in this review is that it is a very good case for the money, but don't expect perfection. i would recommend it over and incase. but if you want perfection, don't expect it here

Ajax19

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
^Sweet, thanks for that.
Just ordered a black glider, $11.54 shipped to Canada. Not bad ;)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Does anyone have pics of their phone with the striped or gradient case? thanks!

Ajax19

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
To the people who have ordered, how long did it take for you to get it?

I ordered mine exactly two weeks ago today and I'm still waiting on it. :(

P.S. The USPS tracking system sucks.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
To the people who have ordered, how long did it take for you to get it?

I ordered mine exactly two weeks ago today and I'm still waiting on it. :(

P.S. The USPS tracking system sucks.
Wow. Ordered mine thursday or friday, got it monday.

MAD 69

Bronze
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone else have anything good to say about these cases, for under $10 they look pretty good.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
i have the metallic purple one. I like it. I wish they had it in metallic pink! I am a big fan of slider cases.

uturn68

Bronze
Jul 26, 2009
Anyone else have anything good to say about these cases, for under $10 they look pretty good.
i really like mine. fits well and didn't bubble my screen protector.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm not really happy with Case Crown at the moment. I ordered Both versions of the Executive cases, leather and the polycarbonate, in Chrome on the 19th.
I received my order today on the 21st. Great, fast shipping. It would have been nice had they shipped me what I ordered instead of some random crap.
It's like a monkey was pulling the order to ship. I got black and red glider cases - No where near what I ordered.
I have emailed them and am waiting on a resolution, but I am plenty pissed off at the moment.
So far, this gets stamped FAIL.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I'm not really happy with Case Crown at the moment. I ordered Both versions of the Executive cases, leather and the polycarbonate, in Chrome on the 19th.
I received my order today on the 21st. Great, fast shipping. It would have been nice had they shipped me what I ordered instead of some random crap.
It's like a monkey was pulling the order to ship. I got black and red glider cases - No where near what I ordered.
I have emailed them and am waiting on a resolution, but I am plenty pissed off at the moment.
So far, this gets stamped FAIL.

Wow, Hawk. That's quite unfortunate. Yours seems to be an isolated incident. I think most of the rest of us here have had good experiences. Maybe they'll compensate you with something complintary? No harm in asking.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
They have gotten back to me, rather quickly I might add, and have sent a return label to me. When they get these cases back, they will (hopefully) ship my (correct) order. So I have at least 6 more days to wait for my order.

I'm still pissed off. I cannot help it. It's like the person filling the order must have been blind or something. Mentally deficient... I don't blame the whole company, now that I see how quickly they reacted, but the guy in shipping should be looking elsewhere for employment.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
I just ordered mine yesterday and I'm hoping it'll be here soon. my ifrogz case keeps breaking (luckily AT&T keeps replacing it for me), but it'll be nice to mix it up a bit.

you got free shipping though?! I ended up having to pay $3.95 for shipping.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I'm very pleased with my Casecrown cases. I've ordered and rec'd the polycarbonate slim in orange and the gradient red. Slider in purple and the red. Executive in the 'leather' and black polycarbon/gunmetal.

I don't believe they're the same quality as my Seidio Innocase for a couple reasons: when trying to remove the polycarbonate slim (very snug fit, hard to remove), the color chipped off the edge and you could see the silver plastic beneath. On another case by the volume button, the matte finish has peeled off my slider case, revealing the shiny paint beneath. Both very unnoticeable, neither of which has happened to any of my Seidio Innocase after much lengtheir use and abuse. However, these cases are only $8-12 compared to Seidio's $30 case, so one can't really complain.

Casecrown makes a great variety of colors which is why I keep swapping betweet my Seidios and Casecrowns. The polycarbonate slim cases actually provide more coverage than I expected; I drop my phone pretty frequently, and no disasters so far. The slider case definitely provides better protection for everyday use. I think of my Casecrowns like I do of flying Southwest; no frills, but it gets the job done at a pretty unbeatable price. Definitely worth the 10 bucks.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm very pleased with my Casecrown cases. I've ordered and rec'd the polycarbonate slim in orange and the gradient red. Slider in purple and the red. Executive in the 'leather' and black polycarbon/gunmetal.

I don't believe they're the same quality as my Seidio Innocase for a couple reasons: when trying to remove the polycarbonate slim (very snug fit, hard to remove), the color chipped off the edge and you could see the silver plastic beneath. On another case by the volume button, the matte finish has peeled off my slider case, revealing the shiny paint beneath. Both very unnoticeable, neither of which has happened to any of my Seidio Innocase after much lengtheir use and abuse. However, these cases are only $8-12 compared to Seidio's $30 case, so one can't really complain.

Casecrown makes a great variety of colors which is why I keep swapping betweet my Seidios and Casecrowns. The polycarbonate slim cases actually provide more coverage than I expected; I drop my phone pretty frequently, and no disasters so far. The slider case definitely provides better protection for everyday use. I think of my Casecrowns like I do of flying Southwest; no frills, but it gets the job done at a pretty unbeatable price. Definitely worth the 10 bucks.
I agree, I tried the Casecrown and I do like them, but find the quality of my Seidio to be better. I like the Casecrown colors a lot better though.

I also like your Cameron Diaz avatar better than the head bobbing kitty avatar.