Cases: Agent18 vs Power Support Crystal Jacket Set

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kgeier82

Sep 13, 2007
just wanted to post a little about what i just bought for you guys. And i have a small surprise at the end of this post for you all :)

First, i purchased a black Agent18 case, and the Power Support Crystal Jacket Set (includes holster, clear plastic case, and a PS Crystal screen protector~ 30$ at Applestore).

Onto my little review....

First the Agent 18:
At $29.95 from the Apple store, i have to say its a bit expensive. Its a snug, nice fit on the iPhone, and there is no wiggle once inside. It also comes with a Universal dock adapter (which i wish was white, but its black). Overall a very nice and sturdy case.

Now the Power Support Crystal Set:
This was also $29.95 from the Apple store. The main reason i picked this up was because I was buying the PS crystal protectors, and noticed id save 15$ because one was bundled in. The crystal case is ok, nothing to sneeze at. Very shiny clear plastic, too much so for my tastes. The iPhone wiggles the slightest amount once inside, which is a shame...but remember the point of a review is to be as critical as possible on the item, so most people might not notice the wiggle, or it may be particular to mine only. The phone is kinda tricky to get out of the holster, another small downfall.- Overall, the case is ok, holster is ok. Main reason for buying it was price to offerings ratio, this package offered the most in a $30 package.

Conclusion. I ended up keeping the Agent 18, because i like the black much better. I don't think Apple had a black PS crystal set...if they did, i may reconsider, but the crystal clear case is just to crystal-looking for me.

Pros of the Agent 18:

ITS DOCKABLE in a universal dock (nice feature)
its all black
seems very snug.

Pros of PS crystal set:
Includes a holster!
Comes with a screen protector, saving me money!

Cons of Agent18:
-Priced slightly higher than other offerings (had to buy the PS crystal covers separate-$15)
-NO HOLSTER, bummer

Cons of PS crystal set:
-Its just not what i want
-its not dockable
-kinda wiggley
-too shiny

Are you all ready for your surprise? The Agent 18 case, with all its sexiness, FITS IN THE crystal set holster. Im going to keep both and will takes picks later. My girl is getting an iPhone, and she can have the shiny crystal case, ill keep the holster :)

Just thought you all would love to know that i found a holster that fits wonderfully with the agent 18...now one of the more popular cases, and a holster thats compatible. Although most will not spend the money on the crystal set and you cant get the holster separate...some may think a holster with the agent 18 is worth 60$...thats close to the price of the Seidio case (50$). Of course you have to spend another $15 with the Seidio for a crystal set screen protector, bringing its total to $65.

so for 60$ you can have the agent 18, with a black case, have an addition clear case, and have a screen protector.

Awesome-ness!

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Can you post pictures of the agent18 case and the holster? I have both the agent18 case and seidio combo. Would like to know what the agent18 looks like with the holster. Is it a nice secure / snug fit?

- Garrett

MrSoprano

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
For those interested in the Power Support Crystal Jacket Set please do not buy this. I just went through my second case and need to return this one. The reason is that there is a defect with the holster clip that it is very prone to cracking and breaking. The plastic is not strong enough and broke in the same spot twice on me. The Apple Store had no problem exchanging my first one out and told me that others were returning them for the same problem. I liked the case even though it doesn't fit great and there is room for dust or dirt or whatever to get in the case. I was told at the store that there was a newer case the Contour Showcase Case that I am going to check out next. Just an FYI for anyone who was looking into this case.

kgeier82

Sep 13, 2007
For those interested in the Power Support Crystal Jacket Set please do not buy this. I just went through my second case and need to return this one. The reason is that there is a defect with the holster clip that it is very prone to cracking and breaking. The plastic is not strong enough and broke in the same spot twice on me. The Apple Store had no problem exchanging my first one out and told me that others were returning them for the same problem. I liked the case even though it doesn't fit great and there is room for dust or dirt or whatever to get in the case. I was told at the store that there was a newer case the Contour Showcase Case that I am going to check out next. Just an FYI for anyone who was looking into this case.
i have not posted since opening the thread, but...

both the agent 18 , and the PowerSupport cases are going back to Apple. The powersupport, as you say, doesn't fit that well, and the clip is designed poorly. Mine didn't break, but its much to hard to remove the phone from the clip once its in there. The agent 18, while nice, scuffed my phone up on the back, and gave me my first scratch :(

i ordered the seidio combo rubber set, hope its better than this stuff.