Cases-- which for new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by TheJustPull, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

Well I treated myself to the new iPad. It's supposed to arrive sometime this week and I've been looking at cases.
    I don't think I really want one with a keyboard, I've looked into otter box and the offerings from mophie. It's coming with a kennigston case but I'm not sure how I'll like it.
    Also-- another thing I was hoping for some insight on are what are some apps you guys put on straight away?
    I use Regina like tweetbot tumblr Facebook Netflix and such..
    I'm working overtime this week so I probably won't have a whole lot of time on it this week. Also, how long will it take for the plastic on it to come off? I know most people like to tear it right off but I plan on keeping it on for awhile

2. GailLA

GailLA Contributor
    Bronze

If I remember correctly, the plastic that comes on it kind of wraps around the iPad. I don't think you'll be able to leave it on and actually use the iPad effectively. I suggest that you get a real iPad screen protector instead.

As to question of which case, that's such a personal decision. Some of us have to try two or three cases before we find one we really like. There is no sure bet on choosing a case. Read the reviews and make your best guess. Try one, and if you like it, keep it.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

3. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

For cases, it's personal preference. Do you want to keep the iPad thin? SmartCover. Do you need protection on the back? Get a snap on back protector. Not worried about about thickness and/or weight? There are plenty of cases that add bulk and poundage. :)

First apps? I'd recommend Flipboard–not only is it very informative, it has a slick user-interface and is retina-compatible.

Sent from my iPad 3 (64GB)

4. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

that's why I'm considering the otter box case-- it would have the screen protection built in and wouldn't have to worry about that. I am still trying to see how much one for the new iPad is.. Also, how long can you get on a single charge?

5. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

10 hours on wifi/ 9 hours on 4G

6. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

Pretty impressive... I got the wifi only 64 gb.. Can't wait for it to get here!

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

8. GeorgeLamb72

GeorgeLamb72 New Member

I'm not sure you ever answered whether or not you wanted a slim case.

If its slim you're looking for, I like this one:
    LINK SPAM REMOVED

Its really adjustable. I use the elastic strap a lot if I'm standing and showing a client something.

It wouldn't be the right fit if you're looking for waterproof.

Hope that's helpful!

GL

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

What businesss are you in that requires you use your iPad?

10. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

Could be anything Chris! Real estate, cars.. I see a lot of places using them as computers.. It got here this afternoon but I won't be home till later.cant wait to play with it. Anyone have the otterbox? I think i'm going to go that route for a case

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I had the Otterbox for my iPad 1. It was a tank! It did add a lot of weight / bulk to it but I was never worried about the iPad. I currently have a folio style case for my 3 and like it, but miss the Otterbox at times.

12. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

hmm.. Not sure I like that idea.. Is there something in between?

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure if they have it out for the new iPad or nit, but otterbox has the reflex case also. Not nearly as bulky but offers great protection.

14. GeorgeLamb72

GeorgeLamb72 New Member

Hey Chris,

I work in the Design/Remodeling of homes businesss. I am constantly meeting with clients, and walking around their homes with them. I snap pics, I take notes, I'll show them renderings or ideas, all on the fly. I make my to do lists while walking around job sites. Thats why I love that elastic band to slide your hand in. It keeps the iPad stuck to my hand and I can type away with the other.

Hope that's helpful!
    GL

15. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

Think I've decided on the smart cover-- but who makes the best one?

16. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I use a black leather Apple smart cover with a Zagg Skin on the back. Also in black leather. I like that it doesn't change the size of the iPad. I also like that it slips in my portfolio when I'm working. I don't worry about dropping it. Perhaps I should, but I don't.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

17. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I have the same model. I have gone two days without having to charge it. I use it on-and-off throughout the day, taking notes during meetings, surfing, emailing, texting via Google Voice.

Sent from my iPad 3 (64GB)

18. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

19. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver