Catalyst water proof case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kobel1up, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

I am at the beach right now as I right this and I worry about water getting into my watch. I made a trip to Best Buy and purchased the catalyst water proof watch case for my series 1 watch. I like the rugged look and it is very comfortable to wear. Follow the water testing instructions and then install your watch. After you get your watch all installed now go get wet. And worry about water getting into your watch for the next half hour. After that you'll relax and stop worrying about it and enjoy having your watch with you. [​IMG]
    Now a few things I have noticed while swimming.
    1 If in a pool with your phone within range of your watch, you will lose connection with your watch underwater. Now I have noticed it doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.
    2 when you take your watch above the water I have noticed water droplets will open apps. At first I thought it was water in the watch, but I have double checked the seal and it is still water free. So be ready for that.
    3 I can't use the touch screen underwater. I already figured it wouldn't work because wet hands don't work on a touch screen, but thought I would try under water anyway.
    I'll post more pics while watch is submerged later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

I have worn my watch in the pool, ocean, hot tub and showering. No water has gotten into the watch and I am completely happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro