Categories is here

Prettynice422

Jun 25, 2008
This is a heads up for those who have been waiting for categories it has just been released. I just installed it from cydia and it works perfectly.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Yes! finally , I've been waiting so long for this app , thanks for the heads up .

nice video kevio, is that the incase slider on your phone too?

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
Still new to the smartphone world, but I have to say that Categories rates as one of my top utilities for the iPhone.

FYI, v2.03b of Categories is now available (09/04).

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I'm surprised i haven't seen any posts on people having problems with Categories, considering the fact that i've had to restore my 2g 2.0.1 phone TWICE in the last 2 days after installing it.

The first time i tried installing, it didn't even complete the installation-it just crashed Cydia and then went right to the SWOD(spinning wheel of death)/endless reboot.

I restored, and rejailbroke and since i read a bunch of posts with people saying Categories works flawlessly, i figured i'd give it another shot.

This time it installed perfectly. I opened it and organized my folders, restarted springboard and it went right back into the SWOD/endless reboot.

Needless to say, after my second restore/rejailbreak, i don't want to go anywhere near the Categories app. Too bad because i'd really like to clear my Springboard and organize my apps. :-(

BTW, I read the help section thoroughly, and followed instructions and still had this happen twice.

Oh well...

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
^no problems with me. installed it for the first time today. and it works like a charm.
awesome app!

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I've read of a few issues here and there. I haven't had any yet (knock on wood). Sorry to hear you had a bad time with it. I'm real happy to be down to 1 1/2 pages of icons.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
The Categories updates are coming fast and furious today. From Sleepers.net "Categories is updated again to 2.04b. I found a nasty enough bug that required an immediate update."

I haven't had any problems, but maybe this update will help, Bean22?