Caterpillar

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
that seems pretty pricey for something that does a lot of what customize does...that is if you can get customize to work on your phone (i have).

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The only thing that is nice aboutit is that it's an all in one app, but if you think about it, it's a little like Installer, but for customization. But charging for the service when other apps that do the same thing are free? They are running up an uphill wall of ice- going nowhere but down.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
The only thing that is nice aboutit is that it's an all in one app, but if you think about it, it's a little like Installer, but for customization. But charging for the service when other apps that do the same thing are free? They are running up an uphill wall of ice- going nowhere but down.
I agree, it may help to simplify a bit, but i don't see the point in paying for it. Lol. I've already got most of those changes on my phone from customize and a few other helpful sources.

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
there are a couple of things that this developer brings that is not available from the free community. Eg. Missed call reminder

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
true, and very entising. To each his own I believe. But me personally, I don't feel the need to purchase an app like that. If I were to start purchasing items it would be after the hopefull sdk release next week. When I can do it all with out jailbreaking. LOL unfortunately this is just a rumor tho.

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Well, I got the app and must say its very nice.
The smart dialer built into the native phone app is very clean. Better than having multiple phone apps on your homepage.
The calendar app on the screensaver page is nice as well.
The reminder is something I couldnt find anywhere else. Best App of the bundle.
The privacy of SMS messages is something people have been requesting, which I found very useful.

I don't mind paying for good applications, as I have in the past for windows based applications. I easily spend more on tip eating out.:laugh2:
And they don't do half the work these developers have put into their apps.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
Well, I got the app and must say its very nice.
The smart dialer built into the native phone app is very clean. Better than having multiple phone apps on your homepage.
The calendar app on the screensaver page is nice as well.
The reminder is something I couldnt find anywhere else. Best App of the bundle.
The privacy of SMS messages is something people have been requesting, which I found very useful.

I don't mind paying for good applications, as I have in the past for windows based applications. I easily spend more on tip eating out.:laugh2:
And they don't do half the work these developers have put into their apps.
can you re-install this app after? Lets say you restore your phone... can you re-install this app or do you have to pay again? And are they updating their software to coply with iPhone updates 1.1.4 etc... thanks

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
can you re-install this app after? Lets say you restore your phone... can you re-install this app or do you have to pay again? And are they updating their software to coply with iPhone updates 1.1.4 etc... thanks
yes I believe you can, since its a subscription based package. It also looks like they would continue to provide future support, although I have not asked them about 1.1.4 or sdk. I'll email them and ask.
By the way, are you a m5board member?

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
yes I believe you can, since its a subscription based package. It also looks like they would continue to provide future support, although I have not asked them about 1.1.4 or sdk. I'll email them and ask.
By the way, are you a m5board member?
Yes I am... who are you?

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
nice... small world brother. How do you like the beast?... You in west or east coast? I'll look you up on M5board....
I'm in the south, Houston TX.
Just ordered an evosport exhaust, which should be shipping out soon. I'll like the beast even more after that. :laugh2:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I love the E60 M5..

but on topic - what exactly is included in the package and why the hell is the RussianiPhone Dev team the first ones to release this for money?

btw - RiP = Russian iPhone

so RiP Dev.. go figure.

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I love the E60 M5..

but on topic - what exactly is included in the package and why the hell is the RussianiPhone Dev team the first ones to release this for money?

btw - RiP = Russian iPhone

so RiP Dev.. go figure.
From what I understand, they are the group that were working on a mac project and decided to go the iPhone. In any case, the package comes with a smart dialer app thats merged with the native phone dial pad; A calendar view on the locked screen page; a repeating missed call and sms reminder that can be set to your preferred frequency; "facelift", which you can do with summerboard; privacy settings for incoming sms so everyone doesn't see you text messages; and switching system fonts which works well in tying a summerboard theme together.
doesn't play well with Screenshot or Nate's Dock...something to do with their daemon. not being compatible. But if you go to their website, it wil give you some screenshots.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
goddamnit I installed the Deja Vu font and now Dock is working 0.05% of the time. which is very very bad, because most of my icons are hidden and I can't access them anymore.. good thing I have killboard to reset it like 12 times before it shows up..

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
goddamnit I installed the Deja Vu font and now Dock is working 0.05% of the time. which is very very bad, because most of my icons are hidden and I can't access them anymore.. good thing I have killboard to reset it like 12 times before it shows up..
I had screenshot installed and couldnt click on any of my icons. They had me delete the "screenshot" file from /Library/LaunchDaemons from my iPhone using a computer iPhone browser (eg. iPhone Browser) followed by a restart.