caught up in the hype.

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
racing games for me in the iPhone app store is EVERYTHING for me. i could do without all the facebook and flashlight and backrounds but games and especially racing games on the iPhone amaze me. iv downloaded what i believe our the most highly reviewed racing games in the app store. everybody is anxious for need for speed. cro mag VS. nitro. GTS VS ashphalt. iv done them all. NEVER have i heard someone say you know whats a great game? fastlane street racing. ( if its a really popular app plse excuse this im new take it easy :) ) THIS in my opinion is a fantastic app. the 3d graphics are AWESOME. lots of different levels and nothing thats so easy you beat it in a minute. take it or leave it, just thought id share some light on what i think is an awesome app.

PS. i broke my left thumb last night and i downloaded this today and the brake is on the left side of the screen in the game and its still not stoping me from playing this game 24/7.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
While Fastlane is more "realistic," it certainly is NOT more fun than Asphalt. The learning curve is much higher. It seems that the computer is *too* good. My best finish is 3rd.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
While Fastlane is more "realistic," it certainly is NOT more fun than Asphalt. The learning curve is much higher. It seems that the computer is *too* good. My best finish is 3rd.
Some of us just prefer "sim" racing games ;)

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
I really like the racing thunder game, mainly because of the online play, any of you ever get on there?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I really like the racing thunder game, mainly because of the online play, any of you ever get on there?
Just to be fair I went out and bought Racing Thunder. Although both Fastlane & Thunder combined equaled the price of what I paid for Asphalt, I certainly do not get twice the fun.

In Thunder I always get stuck on the ramp part because I try to get some air and it never works. I do like it better than Fastlane because there's auto-acceleration and the accelerometer works by tilting instead of turning it like a wheel as in Fastlane.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
Just to be fair I went out and bought Racing Thunder. Although both Fastlane & Thunder combined equaled the price of what I paid for Asphalt, I certainly do not get twice the fun.

In Thunder I always get stuck on the ramp part because I try to get some air and it never works. I do like it better than Fastlane because there's auto-acceleration and the accelerometer works by tilting instead of turning it like a wheel as in Fastlane.

I had the ramp problem at first...you accelorate by leaning the phone forwad and brake is back wards, after i started leanin forward more on the ramps i got air.

jlake02

Nov 28, 2008
L.A.
I've done a couple reviews on racing games.. some of the best games for the iPhone. Gameloft has a new Ferrari game coming out soon too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
I really wish asphalt would get online play and not just over wifi. But for now racing thunder does the job pretty well, I wish they would intergrate a way to chat on it as well.