celebrities with iPhones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I am a flight attendant with a major (colourful) airline, and yesterday I had a celebrity from the show "heroes" on my flight from Long Beach to Chicago. I cannot disclose who (due to my contract obligations) but even more, because, I respect all peoples private information. All I can say is that my "celebrity" who was VERY humble, was also an avid iPhone user. We talked about all aspects of the iPhone and this person was really cool. The best part was to talk to someone "in the spotlight" about something so "geeky" in common. It takes back all of the celebrity stereotypes that everyone perceives. It was really cool.

Anyone else with "celebrity" sightings with an iPhone? (Star does not count) :laugh2:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I am a flight attendant with a major (colourful) airline, and yesterday I had a celebrity from the show "heroes" on my flight from Long Beach to Chicago. I cannot disclose who (due to my contract obligations) but even more, because, I respect all peoples private information. All I can say is that my "celebrity" who was VERY humble, was also an avid iPhone user. We talked about all aspects of the iPhone and this person was really cool. The best part was to talk to someone "in the spotlight" about something so "geeky" in common. It takes back all of the celebrity stereotypes that everyone perceives. It was really cool.

Anyone else with "celebrity" sightings with an iPhone? (Star does not count) :laugh2:
His "humble" nature and willingness to even speak with you, aren't surprising. I think starring in a show like "Heroes", isn't enough to turn you into Tom Cruise, just yet. lol
That's a cool story. :)

pounce

Jul 20, 2007
i run sound for a living and was backstage at a -very- large concert last weekend. in the catering area, i was having a snack with the band and i showed them some pictures i took of them playing - on my iPhone. they loved it. none had one yet, but they all wanted to check it out. they all travel a lot and having the phone, music, net, etc. really appealed to them. can't say who it was, but i can say that rock stars love these things. three of the band guys swore they were going to get one this week. so by this weekend you might have more rock stars with iPhones!

C130

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Well, Long Beach to Chicago, I don't think that airline has first class available. I have seen numerous stars in coach though, most are those with kids.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Okay, first of all, you can't say you've had a celebrity sighting and not say who it is. Sooooo weak sauce! :cool:

I'm thinking Jet Blue and Masi Oka.

:D

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
For god's sake don't reveal this person's name! It's not like there was anyone else on the flight who might have seen them. Thank god for the one person planes.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
For god's sake don't reveal this person's name! It's not like there was anyone else on the flight who might have seen them. Thank god for the one person planes.
LOL!

I remember once, I was flying to Minneapolis from LAX and I had already boarded and settled in. So, I was people watching as they lumbered down the aisle. Off in the distance, I spotted a cute little blonde coming my direction. She looked vaguely familiar. When she got nearer, I realized it was Emily Proctor, Detective Calleigh Duquesne from "CSI: Miami"! She's even cuter in person.

As she walked by, I grabbed her arm and blurted out, "I really love your work!"

She smiled and thanked me.

I thanked her back!

Then she moved on and I settled back in and smiled. Then the coolest thing happened.

I heard a commotion behind me and I turned to see Emily fighting her way through the boarders in the aisle to me. She came up to me, placed her hand on my shoulder (she touched me!) and said, "You so made my day!"

:laugh2:

That was my most recent celebrity brush. Living her in LA, I see a good number of them. Though I always respect their privacy, I have no qualms about telling them I enjoy their work. Every single one has been gracious and appreciative. Of course, none of them were huge stars. But, if you just say, "I really enjoy your work," what can they say, but "thank you"?

Last edited by a moderator: