Cell Phone Store Employees

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Mindi and I just spent a few minutes in her local corporate Verizon store. We stood by listening to a sales rep telling a young lady about the iPhone 5. Did you know:

1. The screen is larger because it has more megapixels?

2. The back is made of titanium?

3. The Galaxy S III is faster than the iPhone 5?

4. The 4S and the 5 both have one gigabyte of RAM?

5. Video on the 4S in rendered in DVD quality and on the 5 in Blu-Ray quality?

I'll stop here. Now, most of you here know how shy I am and hesitant to voice an opinion, so Mindi and I left without setting the sales drone straight. You know how much I hate controversy.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I actually gave tech support on iPhone and syncing to a rep at the sprint store because I could not stand listening to him tell another customer the complete wrong advice. I mean do they train these reps that are in store?
I understand that they have to keep information on a lot of phones in their heads, but at least know the facts on your two or three best-selling phones. Who knows what felgercarb they're spouting about the S III?!

E Pow

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
You should of stayed and given the real facts to the customer in front of knowledge-less rep. Some cell phone employees are clueless about the products they sell. The sad part is its a lot of people walking around with phones misinformed because of these workers who are just in it for a check and not educating the public like they should.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
You should of stayed and given the real facts to the customer in front of knowledge-less rep. Some cell phone employees are clueless about the products they sell. The sad part is its a lot of people walking around with phones misinformed because of these workers who are just in it for a check and not educating the public like they should.
Even I wouldn't want to "call out" an employee in public. I'd consider it inconsiderate.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Even I wouldn't want to "call out" an employee in public. I'd consider it inconsiderate.
You make a good point, but it's also very inconsiderate towards customers that know nothing about technology and trusts them and their advice. If you gonna do a job do it right or don't do it at all.