Cellhelmet Case

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
No. The name itself reminds of "Dark Helmet" from Space Balls. Oh how I wish Mel Brooks would make just one blockbuster parody movie. Maybe something on Silicon Valley!

To be truly honest I am really liking my plain jane black speck flip that was under $21 on Amazon.

I do wonder how many hoops one would have to go through to get them pay off on a damaged screen with the Dark Helmet errr, Cellhelmet case.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's hard tell how substantial the case is from the picture. How do you think they will handle damage claims?
I don't know how long it will take, but if I didn't have AppleCare+, which also does replacements for $50, and I got this case, I'd rather spend $200 and get it repaired/replaced by Apple the same day than wait for it to be fixed and shipped back. I'm guessing it will take a couple weeks.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Price is not only outrageous but ridiculous as well, this is not worth 50 cents to make, made in the US? What a joke! No wonder we can't maintain manufacturing in this country!

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
IMHO whoever spends 50 bucks on a cheap piece of plastic, then the helmet should be worn by the buyer lol

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Oh I need a Helmet then ... I got $10 off with a coupon ?
I actually got the purple case for son he has the purple beats and It looks like it will match very good.
I like companies who back up their claims and help out US economy
I will see when it get's here if it holds up to it's promises.
Till the I deal with a $80 China made Lifeproof case

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Oh I need a Helmet then ... I got $10 off with a coupon ?
I actually got the purple case for son he has the purple beats and It looks like it will match very good.
I like companies who back up their claims and help out US economy
I will see when it get's here if it holds up to it's promises.
Till the I deal with a $80 China made Lifeproof case
I saw your post on twitter. We expect some kind if review & photos when you get it. I've been curious about these too.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Price is not only outrageous but ridiculous as well, this is not worth 50 cents to make, made in the US? What a joke! No wonder we can't maintain manufacturing in this country!

True. I avoid Walmart to boot and waste $$ cause people all go to Walmart.
Fashion bug has closed in town soo many smaller businessses are gone and walmarts are all going up...

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I do not care about the insurance it's there to back up what they claim they did not claim waterproof ?
I bought the case for it's color to be honest
I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of you, I'm just amazed at the outrageous price, if you like it, then that's all that matters :)

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of you, I'm just amazed at the outrageous price, if you like it, then that's all that matters :)
I am a good sport LOL
But I paid 39.95 as much as I paid for a case at AT&T at release date (Speck)
But yes pricy but there are cases what cost much more ...
How about when once it's here I get son to test it. I come back and tell ya what I think it is worth ?