iPhone 5 Cellhelmet Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Europa, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator

http://www.cellhelmet.com/collections/cellhelmet-for-iphone-5

iPhone 5 Cellhelmet cases will start shipping on 12/31/12. $50 for a TPU case is kind of steep considering many that are made in China are only $5, but this one is made in the USA and it includes accidental damage coverage (cracked screens only).

What do you guys think?

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 1.03.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 1.04.10 PM.png
  2. jaw2k9

jaw2k9 Member

No. The name itself reminds of "Dark Helmet" from Space Balls. Oh how I wish Mel Brooks would make just one blockbuster parody movie. Maybe something on Silicon Valley!

To be truly honest I am really liking my plain jane black speck flip that was under $21 on Amazon.

I do wonder how many hoops one would have to go through to get them pay off on a damaged screen with the Dark Helmet errr, Cellhelmet case.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius

It's hard tell how substantial the case is from the picture. How do you think they will handle damage claims? (Rhetorical)
  5. imutter

imutter Genius

OMG purple looks cool son will love it.
    Did you order ? I get purple for sonand wht should I get ? silver?
    10 off with I-GOT-IT-FIRST
  6. Europa

Europa Moderator

I don't know how long it will take, but if I didn't have AppleCare+, which also does replacements for $50, and I got this case, I'd rather spend $200 and get it repaired/replaced by Apple the same day than wait for it to be fixed and shipped back. I'm guessing it will take a couple weeks.
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator

No, I already have too many cases.
  8. liberated

liberated Evangelist

Price is not only outrageous but ridiculous as well, this is not worth 50 cents to make, made in the US? What a joke! No wonder we can't maintain manufacturing in this country!
  9. imutter

imutter Genius

It looks like an US company to me.
    liberated
    please look closer
    • Made for the pocket - not war
    • Made in America (Pittsburgh area)
  10. liberated

liberated Evangelist

IMHO whoever spends 50 bucks on a cheap piece of plastic, then the helmet should be worn by the buyer lol
  11. imutter

imutter Genius

Oh I need a Helmet then ... I got $10 off with a coupon ?
    I actually got the purple case for son he has the purple beats and It looks like it will match very good.
    I like companies who back up their claims and help out US economy
    I will see when it get's here if it holds up to it's promises.
    Till the I deal with a $80 China made Lifeproof case
  12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

I saw your post on twitter. We expect some kind if review & photos when you get it. I've been curious about these too.
  13. imutter

imutter Genius

you get even another $ 10 off when you share
  14. StevesGreenGrass

StevesGreenGrass New Member

Correction to the post - they cover all damages except for water and scratches in the aluminum.

15. True. I avoid Walmart to boot and waste $$ cause people all go to Walmart.
    Fashion bug has closed in town soo many smaller businesses are gone and walmarts are all going up...
  16. I too have too many cases... Including a mophie & lifeproof etc etc
    I have a case addiction lol
  17. liberated

liberated Evangelist

In other words, they don't cover squat! Not worth the 50 sorry lol
  18. imutter

imutter Genius

I do not care about the insurance it's there to back up what they claim they did not claim waterproof ?
    I bought the case for it's color to be honest
  19. liberated

liberated Evangelist

I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of you, I'm just amazed at the outrageous price, if you like it, then that's all that matters :)
  20. Europa

Europa Moderator

They cover cracked screens, and that explains the high cost of the case.
  21. imutter

imutter Genius

I am a good sport LOL
    But I paid 39.95 as much as I paid for a case at AT&T at release date (Speck)
    But yes pricy but there are cases what cost much more ...
    How about when once it's here I get son to test it. I come back and tell ya what I think it is worth ?