cellular data network settings for MMS

Aug 25, 2009
ok, i followed the instructions for the 5.o carrier file and that took well. then i followed the instructions for the cellular data settings. where it says username and password there are two spots where both those fields exists on that page . do i enter that information in both spots for cellular data and mms or one or the other?

Thanks

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
ok, i followed the instructions for the 5.o carrier file and that took well. then i followed the instructions for the cellular data settings. where it says username and password there are two spots where both those fields exists on that page . do i enter that information in both spots for cellular data and mms or one or the other?

Thanks
Just mms. Good luck.

Aug 25, 2009
ok so when adding all of this is it normal to lose your visual voicemail as a result? i have all this set up so that i can do the sim swap thingy but id hope not to lose any features in the process

Thanks

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
ok so when adding all of this is it normal to lose your visual voicemail as a result? i have all this set up so that i can do the sim swap thingy but id hope not to lose any features in the process

Thanks
I'm not entirely sure. The first time I did it, I checked my visual voicemail and it immediately started calling my voicemail. So I added the info for VVM in in the network settings and I got it back and lost MMS. :/

Aug 25, 2009
ok, i tried the sim swap and went to att wireless page then that other site and got that 4 digit code. i put the card back into my iPhone and tried to send a pic message and it didn't go through. i went back to the att website and my iPhone was listed again oh well. it was worth the try

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have heard of others losing VVM when trying this for MMS. I do believe until ATT fully enables MMS, it is going to be one or the other. Don't be surprised if it doesn't become a reality on 9/9.