Cellular Data settings MMS

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
for MMS i tried the thingwhere u put sim in another phone and enter media net website and register it or watever

now it doesn't work

i have a feeling i don't have the right things typed in the cellular data

what am i suppose to put and where?

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
whoa whoa
ok i rrestarted cell phone and my mms options are gone
its still says att 5 on about settings

wtf? lol

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
whoa whoa
ok i rrestarted cell phone and my mms options are gone
its still says att 5 on about settings

wtf? lol
do a ***search*** this has been talked about for a week now i am sure you can find all you need to know and more

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
i did do a search i have been reading these MMS threads from three different sites

the cellular data i haven't came across

the mms option being gone without any syncing or changing or firmware i have never read about and thats y im shocked that it happened

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
i did do a search i have been reading these MMS threads from three different sites

the cellular data i haven't came across

the mms option being gone without any syncing or changing or firmware i have never read about and thats y im shocked that it happened
Shutter13 suggested in one of the most recent threads to try and reset network settings to get the option back. Aside from that you could try and apply the ipcc to the phone again and those instructions are around here. It was shutter who posted a detailed list how to reapply the ipcc. If I find his instructions I'll post them.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
here use these settings then restart your phone. this worked for me, and dalejrsfan.

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
yes i did both of those, reset and reapply but no luck gettin that mms back

i think ill jsut wait till the 17th to see wats up wit all this
hopefully more progress

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
do you still have a toggle switch under messages in your settings? i have a feeling nothing will be solved on june 17th... mms is not going to be a firmware update, it will be a carrier update from att. and att says they will not be ready to support it till later this summer, which is a lie cause some people have it working now....

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
do you still have a toggle switch under messages in your settings? i have a feeling nothing will be solved on june 17th... mms is not going to be a firmware update, it will be a carrier update from att. and att says they will not be ready to support it till later this summer, which is a lie cause some people have it working now....
Which is not a smart thing on their part. I think the options just need to be included. How many people connect to iTunes on a regular basis, not too many. So by not including it some people may never realize they are able to use it. And how does AT&T plan on telling us all when it becomes available.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
Which is not a smart thing on their part. I think the options just need to be included. How many people connect to iTunes on a regular basis, not too many. So by not including it some people may never realize they are able to use it. And how does AT&T plan on telling us all when it becomes available.
ha good point, i just updated my dads v1 about a month ago to 2.x. he never connects, he doesn't use it for that.... then again he doesn't know the capabilities of his phone....

and who knows, why did they wait so damn long to allow us to use it anyway? and why the delay on having it ready when we can use it. no one knows why they do anything....

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
ha good point, i just updated my dads v1 about a month ago to 2.x. he never connects, he doesn't use it for that.... then again he doesn't know the capabilities of his phone....

and who knows, why did they wait so damn long to allow us to use it anyway? and why the delay on having it ready when we can use it. no one knows why they do anything....
That's probably AT&T's plan so they have as few iPhone users using mms as they can. But I would say probably a large amount of iPhone owners won't even realize 3.0 is out and won't update because they don't connect to iTunes as much as we do. I don't know what took so long and I hope it isn't much longer. Haha true very true, no one knows what's going on even at AT&T! They have had plenty of time and I see this as them stalling for some stupid reason. I still think AT&T is mad because the only reason they found out about mms being supported is because of all of the beta users calling in trying to get provisioned.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
I still think AT&T is mad because the only reason they found out about mms being supported is because of all of the beta users calling in trying to get provisioned.
those spiteful sons-a-b!tches

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
those spiteful sons-a-b!tches
I know right! And I remember that as soon as they put a stop to the provisioning requests someone was told by an AT&T rep (don't forget this was not long after march 17th) that they were going to have a big meeting about what steps they needed to take to get ready for the iPhone and mms. That's why I think it's absolute BS! that they aren't ready.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
well i will be going to my rep tomorrow and will report any progress.

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008

noo those disappeared which was weird, they disappeared without being hooked to the pc or any updating

also it wont come back wit the att 5 file or by resetting the settings

geeez att

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
Try putting the settings on this page in under you mms option in "cellular data network". You still have that right. Then restart your phone. That did it for me

edit: oops

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
noo those disappeared which was weird, they disappeared without being hooked to the pc or any updating

also it wont come back wit the att 5 file or by resetting the settings

geeez att
Mine disappeared after resetting the network settings. How ever after using that link from BlindSpott the camera icon came back. I still can't send a photo though.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
My MMS icon and options are gone too by just a reboot on my iPhone. WTF

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
k i did that and got the camera back thank you

but still cant send

i think il hold off on mms till all this mess gets fixed