cellular data won't stay on

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I did reset network settings, rebooted phone still doesn't work, I hate to take it in with it JB
Do not take it in jailbroken. Only after you complete troubleshooting should you take it in - and you should always restore it first. This is for two reasons:
1. A restore to factory settings is the final troubleahooting step.
2. Apple will not replace it until the jailbreak is removed and it's reset to factory settings (unless it's stuck at the boot logo). The jailbreak itself disables the 'Erase All Content and Settings' option, so it should be done at home prior to making a Genius Bar appointment.

However, there are still a lot of troubleshooting steps you should try first.

1. When did you first notice that you couldn't use cellular data?
2. Did you install any Cydia apps or tweaks around the same time?

Suggestions:
1. Remove and reseat the SIM.
2. Replace the SIM.
3. Call AT&T and see if you have any restrictions on your account.
4. Run your phone in safe mode to test if the toggle will stay on. Remove recently added Cydia tweaks if it works in safe mode.
5. Reset all settings.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Europa you really deserve major props for always providing help for the JB community! As you know, I'm not [yet] in that community but it's nice to see that you're always willing to help out your jailbroken brothers and sisters.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Europa you really deserve major props for always providing help for the JB community! As you know, I'm not [yet] in that community but it's nice to see that you're always willing to help out your jailbroken brothers and sisters.
I know I've probably bugged her and iPhonewarrior on so many Jailbreak things in the past! Their knowledge on that and iOS itself is soo appreciated!