Cellular Off Pop Ups While On WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Ledsteplin, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

A few days ago, I started getting pop up alerts telling me cellular data is turned off for the app I was in. Wifi is on and I get 32 Mbps download and 5.2 Mbps upload. I do have cellular turned off for several apps, but these pop ups show while on wifi. They did not do this until a few days ago, unless I had no wifi connection. I should not be getting them while on wifi. It's like the apps, including this one, are not seeing that I'm on wifi. Any thoughts on this from anyone? It's annoying. Here's a screenshot of one while on this iCafe app. Issue fixed, thanks to Verizon. Comcast caused the problem. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384174374.109041.jpg

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

#1 Ledsteplin, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

What was the fix for this issue?

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I thought it was fixed. I first tried rebooting the modem. That seemed to work at first, but it started again. I finally talked to an Apple tech, and he had me reset network in settings. I had to put my wifi password in again. That seemed to work for a while, then some apps did it again. So I just turned on cellular for those. But it will only use cellular if I don't have a wifi connection. It was annoying to get those pop ups.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app