Certain apps not appearing on iPhone

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
When I install certain apps, like iSpazio Themebuilder, or themes like 3dee summerboard theme, they seem to install ok, but then I can't find them anywhere on the iPhone. I can't even find them when I SSH to the phone. And one of them--3D bold black dialer--won't uninstall, even though it wasn't there in the first place. I get that 'Main script execution failed' message. Any ideas?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My only guess:

They're installing to root instead of mobile. I know this is often an issue with summerboard themes. Once they're moved from root/library/summerboard to mobile/library/summerboard, they will show up in SMBprefs. I don't know why some themes are installed to root.

Apps, I dunno. Could be the same thing, probably not.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
My only guess:

They're installing to root instead of mobile. I know this is often an issue with summerboard themes. Once they're moved from root/library/summerboard to mobile/library/summerboard, they will show up in SMBprefs. I don't know why some themes are installed to root.

Apps, I dunno. Could be the same thing, probably not.
I looked---nothing there.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I reinstalled the 3dee theme and it did appear in the root/library/summerboard directory. I moved it over to the proper one and voila!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Delete /var/root/Library/SummerBoard in WinSCP, then open up the little Terminal window under the "Command" pulldown menu.

Type in:

ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard /var/root/Library/SummerBoard

Press enter, and you'll have a symlink there now that will point to the correct folder. Outdated themes will install to the correct directory, and uninstall properly.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Delete /var/root/Library/SummerBoard in WinSCP, then open up the little Terminal window under the "Command" pulldown menu.

Type in:

Press enter, and you'll have a symlink there now that will point to the correct folder. Outdated themes will install to the correct directory, and uninstall properly.
I'll try it out a little later, thanks!

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
honda i beg you, change your myspace ID to just hondamaker.

it automatically changes the link to myspace.com/[yourid], and it doesn't stretch out the forum like a mother on the iPhone.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Type in:

didn't work, believe it or not. I'm pretty sure I did it right. I'll try it again.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
honda i beg you, change your myspace ID to just hondamaker.

it automatically changes the link to myspace.com/[yourid], and it doesn't stretch out the forum like a mother on the iPhone.
word .

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Type in:

Tried it again, made sure I had everything correct, still didn't work!

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
just until I had my reveal done - I'm trying to make one for 2,000.