Certain icons

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
Is there a way to have certain icons in the Network reception bar, It only has the reception, the E, the time, then the battery icon. Im looking for a way to probably put like SMS icons, Emails Icons, Missed calls icon, instead of unlocking the phone to view if i have any messages, emails etc

is this possible?

H

Hayesimus

i believe there is an app that you can download called sms notify that would do this. I'm not sure about the missed calls though.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
yup, one program does all that, look in installer under utilities for taskbar notifier, does everything you asked for, missed calls is a small phone icon, sms is an exclamation mark in a circle, and email is an envelope thingy, looks clean and does the job from the lock screen, i love it.

H

Hayesimus

The plot thickens...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've never had a problem with it... been using it since 1.0.2. doesn't work quite as well now (it doesn't seem to update itself very quickly), but nothing that ever harmed my phone.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
TMOTD, post your reason for your opinion, i am interested, maybe you know something i havnt experienced yet, ive had it since february maybe, not a single issue.
my iPhone went into the SWOD after updating it once.

this was on 1.1.3.

Restored, and haven't touched it since.

Maybe its updated now,

but I'm still wary of it.

H

Hayesimus

totally unrelated, but tmotd, i have noticed lately that my phone's battery is draining at an alarming rate and as i was about to leave for work last night it was about to burn a hole in my leg! THe heat subsided but the battery still drained quite a bit. went from 69 to 64 in the amount of time it took to open a web page!

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
just installed it, does it install any icon on the main screen to configure it?, ill let you guys know if it does anything to my iPhone.

works instantly btw, im testing it right now lol.

thanks for the tip there

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
nope, there's no configuration or anything. it just does what it does.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
turn it off.

turn it back on.

turn it off again.

wait 45 seconds.

turn it back on.

H

Hayesimus

spinning wheel of death

H

Hayesimus

(cue dramatic climax music)

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I'm very familiar with that.
No you are not.

When you install something, and the springboard resets, that wheel will be there.

The spinning wheel of death is when the iPhone boots, and then shows a spinning wheel just below the Apple logo, or on top of the Apple logo.

Believe me, you have not seen the spinning wheel of death unless your phone has been screwed up.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
No you are not.

When you install something, and the springboard resets, that wheel will be there.

The spinning wheel of death is when the iPhone boots, and then shows a spinning wheel just below the Apple logo, or on top of the Apple logo.

Believe me, you have not seen the spinning wheel of death unless your phone has been screwed up.
That exactly why I'm having problems. I tried to manually install a program last night. I got the spin. The only option I had was to restore. Now is that what you mean by The Spinning Wheel of Death? I certainly think so.

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
currently works fine for me, but i hate the fact it sucks my battery life, say if it had it charged for a fully, by tomorrow morning my battery life would be half finished, this is what i noticed from the past couple days. otherwise it performs good, just don't like the fact of having to dock it every day after school.