Cerulean BT transmitter?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Does anyone know if the Cerulean Bluetooth transmitter is compatible with the iPhone? On their website it states that it is, but it is not confirmed. For the ipods it states it is compatible and its confirmed compatibility.
So makes me wonder why they haven't confirmed compatibility for the iPhone. don't they have one to test their product on?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I am interested in knowing this as well, particularly if you can use it to take calls too. I sent them an email but as of yet have not heard back.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
MikeHeard anything from them yet?
yes, but the reply was a waste of time: even though I asked about the transmitter they replied about their BT headphones--and all they said was that they weren't compatable with the iPhone since it doesn't support A2DP. Grrr, no kidding!

Haven't heard back from my reply to that email yet.

--
Mike

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I went ahead and ordered the Cerulean RX/TX while ordering the Revo skin.
My order status is "ready to ship". Since they apparently can't seem to do testing on their own products, I shall have to confirm whether or not it is truly compatible with the iPhone.
My scosche BT dongle that attaches to the dock connector is NOT compatible with the iPhone, but I heard that the iCombi ones worked(although BT 1.0).
So hopefully the Cerulean will work.
I'll keep you guys posted

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I am happy to report that the Cerulean RX/TX IS compatible with the iPhone. The wifi has to be turned off though.
I played it through my car Sony BT headunit and it sounded better than other BT transmitters, including my HTC Tytn. It is BT 2.0, and I could tell the difference from 1.0 versions.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am happy to report that the Cerulean RX/TX IS compatible with the iPhone. The wifi has to be turned off though.
I played it through my car Sony BT headunit and it sounded better than other BT transmitters, including my HTC Tytn. It is BT 2.0, and I could tell the difference from 1.0 versions.
Thanks for the good news. Did you get a chance to see if it works with the phone features?

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Not sure, but when connected to a BT headset, music fades and connects call to BT headset.
Will try the wired headset later.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Not sure, but when connected to a BT headset, music fades and connects call to BT headset.
Will try the wired headset later.
I think he wanted to know if you could access the phone features on a BT stereo headset (one with a mic of course), not a wired headset.

In other words, can you use the same BT stereo headset for both music and phone calls? Along the same lines, can you use the headset's controls to control both music (pause, track advance, etc.) and phone calls (answer button)?

--
Mike

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I think he wanted to know if you could access the phone features on a BT stereo headset (one with a mic of course), not a wired headset.

In other words, can you use the same BT stereo headset for both music and phone calls? Along the same lines, can you use the headset's controls to control both music (pause, track advance, etc.) and phone calls (answer button)?

--
Mike
Interesting question. I am not sure if you can, because I don't own a BT stereo headset. I will try to see if at least I can pause and play from my car headunit.