CES 2012 - what's the most interesting new gadget you've seen?

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
If you follow the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 in the news you may have seen the next great gadget. What's been your favorite?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I wouldn't mind having the Lenovo laptop that folds all the way back into to make a tablet (of course running the mythical windows 8)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I wouldn't mind having the Lenovo laptop that folds all the way back into to make a tablet (of course running the mythical windows 8)
I've never been a fan of tablet PCs. I used my uncle's HP a couple of times and the touch screen is no where near decent.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I've never been a fan of tablet PCs. I used my uncle's HP a couple of times and the touch screen is no where near decent.
Agreed so far I haven't been impressed either.

It's the concept: a full featured laptop, that I can use as a tablet too. So only one thing to carry, and only one thing to charge.

They say windows 8 will make the difference. We'll see.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Agreed so far I haven't been impressed either.

It's the concept: a full featured laptop, that I can use as a tablet too. So only one thing to carry, and only one thing to charge.

They say windows 8 will make the difference. We'll see.
I have used Windows 8 developer preview (or something like that) and it's actually pretty good if you're going to be using it on a tablet computer. The applications are all full screen and stuff, and browsing on Internet Explorer in Full Screen mode as tablet is actually pretty cool, which is surprising. I just hope future tablets will have a better touch screen that can compete with that of the iPad and the Samsung Galaxy, now that would be awesome.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I just hope future tablets will have a better touch screen that can compete with that of the iPad and the Samsung Galaxy, now that would be awesome.
Me too. I'm hoping since Lenovo's already doing an Android tablet, they'll be able to figure it out.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I agree that was the item I liked. I had the original HP and loved it. It was loud and hot and
slow by today's standards, but convenient. My iPad has come the closest. I do miss the tablet version of OneNote.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I think few if any were using capacitive touch screens. I believe resistive is very bad for responsiveness.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Me too. I'm hoping since Lenovo's already doing an Android tablet, they'll be able to figure it out.
I think I've seen the IdeaPad at Best Buy. It's not quad-core though, which is the next thing that all the 2012 top tablets including of course the iPad 3, should be using.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Samsung's Smart Window is impressive in a futuristic sort of way, but I don't think it has a lot of practical usages at this point, and using it wouldn't be ergonomical due to the side effects associated with extending the arms and making small motions.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We have so little tech to discuss that this thread was derailed with Bieber. Sad. :p