Change New Email, Next Text, etc... Sounds? When?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SCHMEGGA

Jul 2, 2007
When are they ever going to let us change the sounds used for new incoming text messages, new e-mails, or the like. I never know when I get a new txt message since the darn beep is so muted. Anyway, more of a vent than anything.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
When are they ever going to let us change the sounds used for new incoming text messages, new e-mails, or the like. I never know when I get a new txt message since the darn beep is so muted. Anyway, more of a vent than anything.
You don't need to vent anymore because you can in fact set your alert sounds for texts, emails, or anything else with a program called iBrickr. Just install it and do what it tells you to, and then it will let you upload any sound from your computer to your phone to be the alert sound. You can even pick ringtones. Click here.

SCHMEGGA

Jul 2, 2007
You don't need to vent anymore because you can in fact set your alert sounds for texts, emails, or anything else with a program called iBrickr. Just install it and do what it tells you to, and then it will let you upload any sound from your computer to your phone to be the alert sound. You can even pick ringtones. Click here.
Only problem there is that I use a Mac.

Roady

Aug 27, 2007
so i changed my sms-received sound...but now i want the original back. is there anywhere that i can locate this file or do i need to restore?

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
no problem man. Seems like a few people might need these, maybe a mod could put this link somewhere we wont lose track. or people could just search for it i guess.