Change Part II: Welcome to the new everythingiCafe

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Loving the new design. Very clean and professional.

Not sure why it says "Darxun Games" instead of "besweeet"...

Also, most of my settings were gone (profile, signature, etc).

Also also, I had to login with my email instead of my username.
Fixed your username.

The "new member" thing is affecting everyone right now. I have to sort it out.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks. Loving the overall number of changes. Will take a while to get used to, though. I miss ALT+S for posting a post.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Here's your answer on the 'new member' title. Most users will drop down in title. The new system puts weight in both post count and quality of posts as determined by number of "likes". I'd imagine you'll move up quickly as you start accruing likes based on your contributions.

Last edited:

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I really really like this Chris. This is first rate. Thank you for all your hard work making this site even better than I could imagine.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
'sbeen a while. Stopping in to say hi and observe the changes. Looks good, Chris. Major update for sure.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ach! I'm at work and can't view the renovations till 7:30am. :(
I did, however, notice the Dashboard in my eic iPhone app. Pretty cool.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
You did an awesome job with the iCafe app and forum update. I love it!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
So far so good :)

The site seems to run a lot slower when using Mobile Safari? Has any one else noticed this?

The layout is gorgeous and the UI is amazing. Well impressed.

Mar 2, 2009
California
So far so good :)

The site seems to run a lot slower when using Mobile Safari? Has any one else noticed this?

The layout is gorgeous and the UI is amazing. Well impressed.
The site is slower in general, and was never that fast in mobile safari that I noticed while on the old design.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The site is slower in general, and was never that fast in mobile safari that I noticed while on the old design.
I'm using Chrome on my MBP and the site seems just a nippy, but via Mobile Safari it's much slower.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
After playing around with site, it's much much slower on the iPhone when viewed using Mobile Safari. The iPad Safari is fine, seems normal.

Chris, is there anywhere we can write issues/problems with the new site?

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
It appears my numbers of posts has gone down, I think I was just over the 600 mark and now i'm down near 550... no big deal given it's probably a memory lapse :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
After playing around with site, it's much much slower on the iPhone when viewed using Mobile Safari. The iPad Safari is fine, seems normal.

Chris, is there anywhere we can write issues/problems with the new site?
There are a host of performance improvements that I'll be making in the coming days, weeks that will afford the new site many of the benefits that were present in the old site. Simply put, right now it's not a fair fight.

BTW, when on mobile Safari, you can click on the link at the bottom left where it says 'everythingicafe' and select mobile. Note: It will save your preference, so when you visit the site from a desktop browser, you'll need to switch it back. That's part of the reason it's tagged as 'beta'.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey

I posted the below in the wrong thread I think. Reposting this here. This seems like the right thread.

WOW! I'm speechless! Besides being the best Forum and Community ever for iPhone and Apple news and discussions as well as help, now, it is THE BEST LOOKING AND FUNCTIONING FORUM EVER with a KICK ASS APP to boot!

Thanks so much Chris and Team who put this together! U Guys ROCK!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Wow, this is weird! But in a good way. This is gonna take some getting used to. I need a beer.
I noticed that my email notifications don't contain the body of the reply, just a note saying that someone has replied to a thread I have subscribed to. I liked it the other way, but no biggie. Man, Chris, you put a lot of work into this renovation. Hats off to you.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY