Change Part II: Welcome to the new everythingiCafe

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
This really does look very nice. Great job Chris, with this and with all the building of this site.

Also, if you get Ramesh's bug to move again, can you make my dog move too? Maybe roll over, play dead, sit up and offer his paw? He didn't do any of these before but as long as you're messing with stuff. :)

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
site looks awesome Chris! i saw you said about some performance boosts that need to be applied, i was going to say, the site feels a little sluggish, even on my Mac. But DAMN its good lookin!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those of you who experienced speed issues earlier today, I've made a handful of important changes to the site. I'm seeing extremely fast page loads as a result. Your mileage might vary, but I hope you find the changes having a positive impact on the speed of the site.;)

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Hope this is a good thread to post questions in...
I have been searching and can't find a way to display posts in descending order (last post first) as I had it set up previously. Am I overlooking some settings?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Wow, this looks fantastic!
Looks so good, like Chris and team(see IDK the other guys/gals who put this together) cared enough to give us the very best! It just puts a lot of Forums to shame!

I know I'm a little excited, but when I went on the site this morning I was soo happy. It looked so good and was easy to use. It made my day and that's a hard thing to do when you're at work all day and commute with idiots. It's easy to be in a funk when you arrive at the windowless office! So, this did it for me and I've been in an awesome mood all day.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Con: I like the minimalism near the users avatar and user name, but I enjoyed seeing how many posts that person has within EIC.
I was VERY exited to open the page this morning to see something completely brand new. I noticed the site was off-line Tuesday afternoon and I didn't bother checking back until this morning; very exciting.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
btw, i don't even want to know how much this stuff has costs admins (new graphics, new category bar up top). This is by far the slickest forum I am a member of. Thanks for the clean ad-free site EIC!
This is not your typical cheapo vBulletin forum lol.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Subjects of latest posts:
I noticed that when selecting Latest to check the latest posts, the subject is showing the First post. didn't it used to show what the latest post was in the preview?
Make sense to anyone or is it just me?
Edit: was going to show screen shots, but apparently can't from the app right now ?