Change Springboard pages without swiping

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
By tapping on the right half of your screen just underneath your app icons and above your dock icons, you'll notice the Springboard page advances. Now tapping on the opposite side will take you to the previous page.

Enjoy :)

PS: This is not a 1.1.4 feature, it's been there since 1.1.3

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
By tapping on the right half of your screen just underneath your app icons and above your dock icons, you'll notice the Springboard page advances. Now tapping on the opposite side will take you to the previous page.

thanks! i actually kinda like that...especially since i have like 5 or 6 pages and just want to go from 1 to 6 lol

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
It does not go 1 to 6....:(

S

Starry

It does not go 1 to 6....:(

Mine goes like past 8 .. I've put an icon on each page and it went to 8 and then I stopped cause my phone rang LOL

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
well i meant i don't have to swipe 5 times, cause it gets annoying after a while (and maybe im just lazy :) ) so now its just 5 swipes
Lazy enough to forget you meant 5 taps? :p

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I thought this was a standard feature since 1.1.1. Believe it's built into the framework, and was used by other apps before 1.1.1 (Weather).

--
Mike

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I thought this was a standard feature since 1.1.1. Believe it's built into the framework, and was used by other apps before 1.1.1 (Weather).

--
Mike
Don't remember stock iPhones doing this. I woulda posted in the third party forum otherwise.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yes, this has always ben a feature in the Weather app. Nifty, but you have to know exactly where to tap - I occasionally open an app by accident.

- John

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Yes, this has always ben a feature in the Weather app. Nifty, but you have to know exactly where to tap - I occasionally open an app by accident.

- John
Not me I only use 3 rows of icons til I decide to put them on a different page. Gives it a more organized look.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Not me I only use 3 rows of icons til I decide to put them on a different page. Gives it a more organized look.
I used to do that - then after Apple added iTunes, I got used to having at least one icon down there, so I kept them.

- John

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Don't remember stock iPhones doing this. I woulda posted in the third party forum otherwise.
For sure stock iPhones do it. It's part of the framework--which I started to study up on, but then got distracted.

In any event this doesn't come from Summerboard or any other hack. It comes from Apple.

--
Mike

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007

Yeah, on vacation a few weeks ago i figured that out. I kind of didn't like it because it was such a specific confined region. I could see myself missing it.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, on vacation a few weeks ago i figured that out. I kind of didn't like it because it was such a specific confined region. I could see myself missing it.
Yeah, I launched my ipod a few times trying to show someone at work. Just like the slide-to-unlock tho, in a few days time your muscle memory knows exactly where to go.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Yeh I can unlock with my eyes shut LOL.

But why would you want to tap instead of swipe? It is so much cooler to swipe and it takes more advantage of the iPhone's features.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Yeh I can unlock with my eyes shut LOL.

But why would you want to tap instead of swipe? It is so much cooler to swipe and it takes more advantage of the iPhone's features.
So does taking a million pictures and uploading them all to .mac rather than just putting them all on there with your Mac.

:laugh2: